Biomedical Equipment Technician 2
About the Job
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and career growth opportunities. As an active team member working within Sodexo Clinical Technology Management (CTM), you will partner with our Healthcare clients to manage their medical equipment technology needs as Biomedical Equipment Technician 2 with University Texas Medical Branch (UTMB) located in Galveston TX. Together, we provide leadership and expertise ensuring safe effective medical equipment for patients, staff and visitors.
If you’re willing to learn and want to progress in your profession then this job and next step is for you. In this position you will service and support a wide range of general biomedical equipment.
We are seeking individuals who have a passion for personal and professional development that want to make a difference with everything they do; solution-oriented candidates who excel at being part of a team and customer service; demonstrate proven success as a Biomedical Equipment Technician (BMET). Sodexo’s BMET professionals have:
- Basic understanding of preventative maintenance and corrective maintenance on stretchers and patient bed devices such as: Linet, Hill Rom and Stryker products is required.
- Performing scheduled maintenance
- Maintaining equipment and documentation to meet Joint Commission and other regulatory standards
- Ability to lift at a minimum 40lbs
- Excellent customer relationship skills
- Running diagnostic programs
- Ability to work independently
- Must possesses in-house healthcare BMET experience
- Required on-call rotational schedule
Troubleshoots, inspects, repairs, maintains and calibrates a comprehensive range of clinical equipment, devices, systems and instruments. Key Duties-Inspect, maintain, repair and calibrate equipment and systems-Ensures regulatory compliance-Provides advanced support of equipment for direct patient care-Interacts on a routine basis with clinical health providers in the identification of technology based problems and solutions-Solves organization-level customer service issues and complaints-Preparing required documentation and reports -Demonstrates a safety mindset -Financial responsibility for purchasing parts and service-Develops staff by teaching and mentoring others
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree Basic Functional Experience - 2 year in electronic, mechanical, or electro-mechanical repair Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.