Laundry Plant / Operations Manager - Los Angeles, CA
About the Job
Sodexo Laundries Division is looking for a Laundries Facilities Engineer in Orange County, CA.
Technical Duties and Responsibilities:
- The primary objective is to keep and maintain all plant mechanical equipment in good, clean operating order.
- Maintain building and support functions for the Laundry facility.
- Interview and hire mechanical staff as required according to requirements as directed by the General Manager.
- Maintain schedules for Maintenance Department and specific budgets as directed.
- Set up and administer Preventive Maintenance Software Program for all laundry equipment.
- Order parts and maintain critical inventories required for continuing mechanical operations.
- Work with boiler chemical vendor, softener supplier and other support mechanical vendors as required
- The Chief Engineer is the (point of contact) for repairs or support from outside vendors for phones, security and fire alarms, internet and IT.
- Responsible for specific governmental reports required from County, State and Federal agencies
- Responsible for all safety related compliance and administration for the Maintenance Department in accordance with the Sodexo, safety department and OSHA
- Experience working in an industrial laundry setting is a plus.
***Reports to General Manager***
Back up to GM; 2nd in command; Supervises the account as the #2 manager and has full responsibility including supervision of other managers. Responsible for entire account when the Director of Facilities Ops is not present.Two scenarios for this position in Univ.: A) Has all facilities rolling up – Custodial / maintenance and grounds, and FM who reports to GM; very large integrated operation. B) Mega account – multiple managers of maintenance; PM function; other specific managers – unifying position.
Key Duties- Manage other managers; manage by walking around (rounding); Staffs, trains, and is responsible for employee development- client interface; - payroll oversight;- budgetary oversight on some services; - Oversees and coordinates projects- Manages work orders/CMMS- Manages mechanicals (i.e. HVAC)- Manages QA and Safety
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor’s Degree
Basic Management Experience - 5 years
Basic Functional Experience - 3 years work experience in facilities maintenance, plant operations or engineering services
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.