Facilities / Engineering Operations Manager
About the Job
Sodexo Corporate Services Division has an exciting new opportunity for a Facilities Engineering Operations Manager supporting a client in Woodland Hills, CA; with experience managing building systems, client relationships, subcontractors and vendor service.
This manager will oversee multiple facilities averaging approximately 150,000 square ft. which include multiple class “A” Corporate office buildings; overseeing onsite janitorial, building maintenance staff and conference services. This manager will act as the day to day client interface for facility management operations.
Duties include but not limited to:
- Oversee facilities CMMS system (Maximo).
- Assure that all required maintenance requests and scheduled PM’s are completed within agreed SLA’s; and follow up with requestor(s), as needed.
- Produce weekly, monthly reports, analyze for trend(s) review with staff and client.
- Regularly review all assets and modify asset records as needed.
- Maintain adequate staffing, supplies, both janitorial and maintenance.
- Assist dept.in staying current on all state, federal, and local requirements.
- Perform monthly safety training, and assure that all staff is performing their duties following established safety guidelines.
- Perform site specific safety inspections, and quality assurance inspections at assigned sites using “Pronto Forms”.
- Meet with client for 1 hour on daily (urgent issues, pending projects, etc.)
- Meet with client weekly for (WRA Updates).
- Monitor multisite critical equipment, schedule PM’s as needed
- attend weekly critical equipment update conference calls
- Be available 24/7 to respond to emergencies. Assist AGM as requested
- Maintain comprehensive, update periodically list of Sodexo approved vendors to service items as needed.
- Maintain a solid working relationship with key client(s), and all stakeholders.
- Execute projects (scope, schedule, and budget) as assigned.
The successful candidate must have the technical knowledge and a combination of expertise in these areas: Hard Services (i.e. Building Systems, HVAC, Electrical and Plumbing) and Soft Services (i.e. Janitorial, Landscaping, Mail Services, Conference Services, Shipping and Receiving, etc.).
Office Skills: Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, etc. is a plus
Responsible for a single scope of work in hard services area. 3rd in command Supervises the account as the #2 manager and has full responsibility including supervision of other managers. Responsible for entire account when the Director of Facilities Ops is not present. In Univ. same as above as well as size and scope is less than an Ops 2;
Key Duties- Manage one other manager; typically in account with smaller volume and FTE count; Manage by walking around; Staffs, trains, and is responsible for employee development
- Technical client interface
- Payroll and time mgmt. of frontline staff
- Oversees and coordinates projects
- Manages work orders/CMMS
- Manages mechanicals (i.e. HVAC)
- Manages financials
- Responsible for client relations/engagement
- Manages QA and Safety
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor’s Degree
Basic Management Experience - 3 years
Basic Functional Experience - 3 years work experience in facilities maintenance, plant operations or engineering servicesSodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.