Route Sales Representative
About the Job
The Schwebel Baking Company is seeking experienced, aggressive, self-starters for its Route Sales team in our Rochester, NY territory.
This is a full-time position that is responsible for selling and merchandising Schwebel’s complete line of quality products to existing and new accounts while driving a Schwebel’s bread truck.
- Sell, merchandise, deliver, and stock Schwebel brand products to grocery stores, restaurants, schools, and food retailers.
- Provide excellent customer service while building relationships.
- Responsible for early morning delivery of the products.
- Solicit new customers to grow business.
- Communicate product knowledge and suggestive sell.
- Responsible for ordering bread products
- Conduct daily pre and post-trip inspections.
- Maintain a clean and organized truck.
- Committed to working safely.
- Prior route sales experience is a plus. Willing to train for the right individual.
- Previous wholesale commercial bread sales experience a plus.
- Must be 21 years of age or older for insurance purposes.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and have the ability to secure a DOT physical.
- Must have a safe driving record.
- Must provide a high level of customer service.
- Must be handheld computer literate.
- Must be able to adapt quickly to different working and driving conditions.
- Must be able to lift 50lbs.
- Constantly reaching; frequently sitting, standing, bending, squatting, walking, kneeling, climbing, and driving.
- Occasionally pushing and or pulling up to 300lbs.
Route sales representative's hours of work vary by assigned routes and individual abilities. Competitive base pay and commission based on bread route sales. Great benefits package after probation period.
**Please note that this job profile is not meant to be all inclusive of the responsibilities of this position; individuals may perform other duties as assigned or required.**
Schwebel’s will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
The Schwebel Baking Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.