Full Time Urology-Gynecology Practice Nurse Practitioner - Great Neck
About the Job
Performs a variety of functions and technical procedures necessary for the care of patients across the continuum. Utilizes the processes of assessment, diagnosis, treatment, follow-up, and outcome evaluation. Works within the scope of practice of a nurse practitioner.
* 1. General core privileges:
• Obtains, documents and updates medical history. Identifies health risks and needs. Performs physical examinations and conducts preventive screening procedures based on age and history. Formulates a differential diagnosis and plan of care based on history, physical examination, and clinical findings.
• Identifies needs of the individual, family, or community.
• Orders and interprets diagnostic tests. Identifies, prescribes, and administers pharmacological therapies.
• Determines effectiveness of the plan of care through documentation of patient care outcomes. Reassesses and modifies plan of care as necessary to achieve medical and health goals.
• Participates in research process, administers investigational therapy, and applies evidence based practices.
• Makes referrals to other health professionals and community agencies. Admits/discharges to appropriate service.
• Discusses advanced directives/end of life issues. Signs death certificates, as necessary.
2. Operational responsibilities:
• Participates in team meetings and conferences to enhance an interdisciplinary approach to primary health care delivery.
• Serves on departmental and multidisciplinary committees, which influence or determine policies affecting nursing practice.
• Participates in and develops projects and unit-based quality improvement programs, as well as standards of care and practice.
• Participates in approved medical and nursing research studies.
• Maintains current level of knowledge relative to professional practice.
• Maintains all required professional documentation, such as license, certifications, infection control, ACLS/BLS, DEA as well as system requirements.
• Acts as resource to staff and implements educational programs.
*ADA Essential Functions
• Master's Degree in a Nurse Practitioner Program, required.
• Current license to practice as a Registered Professional Nurse AND a Nurse Practitioner New York State.
• National Board Certification in specialty area, required. Certification to be obtained prior to next re-credentialing review.
• Completion of a pharmacology component of not less than three semester hours or the equivalent AND has been instructed in New York State and federal laws relating to prescription and record keeping (3 hour course).
• Has a collaborative practice agreement with a physician and designated protocols, both filed with the New York State Department of Education.
• Previous experience relevant to the area of clinical practice, preferred.