NURSE PRACTITIONER OR PHYSICIAN ASSISTANT, FCP - NORTH HILLS FAMILY MEDICINE
About the Job
Come join our award winning team! See What Is Possible....
The Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin regional health network is a partnership between Froedtert Health and the Medical College of Wisconsin supporting a shared mission of patient care innovation medical research and education. Our health network operates eastern Wisconsin's only academic medical center and adult Level I Trauma Center at Froedtert Hospital Milwaukee an internationally recognized training and research center engaged in thousands of clinical trials and studies. The Froedtert & MCW health network which includes five hospitals more than 1700 physicians and nearly 40 health centers and clinics draws patients from throughout the Midwest and the nation.
Froedtert Health has been widely recognized for our dedication to our staff providing a work environment full of encouragement innovation collaboration and respect.
Our best-in-class wellness program has earned us recognition in the Milwaukee Business Journal as a Healthiest Employer and a Gold Well Workplace award from the Wellness Council of America.
We invite you to review the job posting below. If you meet the requirements and qualifications for this opportunity you are encouraged to apply.
Thank you for considering a career with Froedtert Health!
Location: US:WI:MENOMONEE FALLS at our CP-NORTH HILLS HEALTH CENTER facility.
*1.0 FTE is Full-Time any position less than 1.0 FTE is Part-Time and .001 FTE is Optional Part-Time*
*Positions with an "FTE" (full time equivalency) of .8 - 1.0 are eligible for full-time medical dental and vision benefits. Positions with an "FTE" of .5 - .799 are eligible for part-time pro-rated medical dental and vision benefits*
Shift: Shift 1
The Nurse Practitioner (NP) and Physician Assistant functions under the clinical supervision of a licensed physician provides diagnostic and therapeutic health care to patients. Obtains evaluates and interprets lab results; performs physical exams and therapeutic procedures. Other duties as assigned.
For Nurse Practitioner:
• A minimum of 2 years of clinical experience is preferred.
• Masters Degree in Nursing is required. Graduate of an accredited Advanced Practice Nurse Practitioner program is required. Master’s Degree in Family Nurse Practitioner specialty is required for staff that report to Workforce Health.
• Requires current state of Wisconsin Registered Nurse License or a Multi-state Nursing License from a participating state in the NLC (Nurse Licensure Compact). Certification as an Advanced Practice Nurse Prescriber (APNP) by the Wisconsin State Board of Nursing is required. Certification by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) or American Academy of Nurse Practitioners (AANP) is required. American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support for the Healthcare Provider (BLS) or an AHA approved equivalent is required upon hire. Medicaid and Medicare (PECOS) enrollment and DEA registration is required or must be eligible to obtain. Family Nurse Practitioner certification by the ANCC or AANP is required for staff that report to Workforce Health.
For Physician Assistant:
• Bachelor's degree in Physician Assistant studies is required.
• Current State certification as a PA; current DEA. American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support for the Healthcare Provider (BLS) or an AHA approved equivalent is required upon hire. Medicaid and Medicare (PECOS) enrollment and DEA registration is required or must be eligible to obtain.
Other information: Ability to adjust work schedule when given ample notification. Ability to travel to various clinic sites. Attend mandatory education requirements.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer who values and maintains an environment that attracts recruits engages and retains a diverse workforce. As a federal contractor/subcontractor we take affirmative action in employment based on race sex disability and status as a protected veteran. We welcome protected veterans to share their priority consideration status with us at 262-439-1961. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing