Agile Development Tech Lead
About the Job
At Freddie Mac, you will do important work to build a better housing finance system and you’ll be part of a team helping to make homeownership and rental housing more accessible and affordable across the nation.
Do you love code? Do you embrace change and innovation and push the boundaries of what is possible? Do you embody Agile delivery at the core of your being? Are you an experienced leader who is ready for a modernized delivery environment?
At Freddie Mac, we are in the throes of a major digital modernization and transformation. We want you to be a part of it! As a highly innovative technical leader for our team. You will influence outcomes, guide transformation, and put your stamp on our future. The journey is wide open with possibilities!
The Multifamily Business Technology Office (BTO) supports the multifamily business, creating and implementing solutions to a variety of technology challenges. This support takes many forms, including deploying emerging technologies such as mobile solutions and microservices, and maintaining critical underwriting and accounting applications. The Multifamily BTO operations team also leads a business-focused service desk and is directly involved in the processing of every deal.
- You will get to show off your skills as a full stack software engineer influencing outcomes, guiding transformation, and influencing how the team and organization evolves
- You will be a mentor to the team driving full (and accurate) adoption of modern software engineering & Delivery practices (Real Agile, TDD, ATDD, Stateless Design, Microservices, Containerization, etc.)
- You bring deep knowledge and experience in designing for and implementing solutions in the cloud (AWS) .. this can range from custom code on IaaS/PaaS to SaaS solution integrations
- You will be responsible for interfacing and influencing with the business lines as well as others across IT, and will utilize your strong communications skills to do this successfully
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent experience; advanced studies/degree preferred.
- 10-12 years of experience engineering awesome solutions and 4-5 years leading modernized development teams
- Languages: Java, Angular, node.js, Python
- Modern Tools: Jenkins, Cucumber, Atlassian Suite (Jira, Bitbucket), Git
- DBs: PostgreSQL, Mongo
- Cloud: AWS
- Other: EKS, Docker, SpringBoot
Keys to Success in this Role:
- You embrace change and innovation, and push the boundaries of what is possible
- You embody Agile delivery at the core of your being
- You are rock solid on your tech. You will be driving team and organizational direction on solutions and architecture. You need to know the modern approaches as well as where the landmines are.
- You’ve got the full stack covered with all key modern languages under your belt. You’re going to have to get into all parts of the code, as well as implement some of it, so you will need to know this stuff up and down.
- Proven success coaching and transforming technical teams to shift to modern execution model
Current Freddie Mac employees please apply through the internal career site.
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We will ensure that individuals with differing abilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Notice to External Search Firms: Freddie Mac partners with BountyJobs for contingency search business through outside firms. Resumes received outside the BountyJobs system will be considered unsolicited and Freddie Mac will not be obligated to pay a placement fee. If interested in learning more, please visit www.BountyJobs.com and register with our referral code: MAC.Time-type:Full timeJob Category:Information TechnologyFLSA Status:Exempt