Weather Producer/Meteorologist -Weather
About the Job
FOX Weather is an ad-supported digital weather service that will provide critical information through cutting-edge digital products, engaging on-the-go audiences who seek trusted weather news and voices. A cross-divisional initiative built upon FOX's expansive resources and trusted meteorologists, FOX Weather will provide audiences with engaging, enriched, customized weather content and information on all platforms.
As a Weather Producer/Meteorologist, you will play a key role in driving accurate, informative, and compelling weather coverage across platforms. In close coordination with the linear stream production team and digital content team, you will provide regular meteorological guidance, partner to produce content across platforms, and ensure the FOX Weather audience is continually provided the most accurate, informative, and impactful weather content.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work closely with the daypart linear stream production team by pitching weather content ideas, producing weather segments, and providing regular meteorological guidance
- Work closely with the Media Production Group team on creation and updating of daily weather graphics
- Monitor and analyze weather data to create forecasts for all platforms
- Provide updated weather briefings to on-air talent, linear stream, and digital content production teams
- Play critical role during severe weather coverage, providing guidance to all key stakeholders
- Work closely with other daypart Weather Producer/Meteorologists to ensure a consistent look, feel, and process
- Participate in leading training on weather systems and meteorological topics for FOX Weather team
- Educate and explain complex weather topics to production teams
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- At least 4 years of relevant experience
- AMS certification
- Thorough understanding of meteorology and weather display systems
- Excellent organizational skills, as well as the ability to create a collaborative environment that fosters team work
- Enthusiasm for new products and platforms, and the creative energy to ignite great ideas
- Excellent communication skills, a collaborative spirit, and the ability to work under intense deadline pressure
- Experience with talent management
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.