Production Assistant, Media Desk
About the Job
We are looking for a talented production assistant to join our Media Desk . You will be a self- starter with stellar communication skills. You have a positive attitude and you are highly organized. You will be able to perform well under the pressure of a live news environment. You are eager to advance within the company and you are a quick learner.
*Please note there is an opportunity for this role to lead into a full-time staff position with company benefits.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Attach editorial meta-data (text information) to large volumes of incoming daily video
- Provide shot-by-shot logs for video specifically selected for permanent archive
- Use video hardware to ingest physical media into a digital system
- Transcribe important speeches as it pertains to breaking news situations
- Monitor quality control standards with correct video and levels
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Knowledge of iNews and Dalet Galaxy
- Strong knowledge of current events
- Experience with multi-tasking several projects
- Excellent editorial judgment
- Ability to work flexible shifts including weekends and holidays
NICE TO HAVE, BUT NOT A DEALBREAKER
- A Bachelor's degree in Broadcasting, Journalism or Communications
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.