Line Producer -Weather
About the Job
We are looking for a Line Producer to join the FOX Weather team!
FOX Weather is a weather service that will provide critical information through cutting-edge products, a go-to for audiences who seek trusted weather news and voices. A cross-divisional initiative built upon FOX's expansive resources and trusted meteorologists, FOX Weather will provide audiences with engaging, enriched, customized weather content and information on all platforms.
As the Line Producer, you have the opportunity to help craft inaugural FOX Weather programming. You will strategically work in partnership with our show team leadership and on-air meteorologists to create the most compelling content for the FOX Weather audience. You are a natural leader, a proven go-getter, and someone who can rise to the occasion under the stressful demands covering critical weather news. You have excellent judgment and make smart decisions in real-time.
This position reports to the Head of Programming.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Pitch stories on a daily basis, with topics ranging from the most important breaking weather news to features on weather-related stories of interest
- Time the show in the control room and communicate effectively with on-air meteorologists, reporters and guests in the field, other team members, and the director to ensure the newscast runs as smoothly as possible
- Flawlessly pivot during breaking weather news to work in real-time with other show team members and newsgathering resources to provide critical coverage for the audience
- Manage story placement, teases, graphics, writing, and all other production elements
- Play a key part in short and long-term content planning
- Help mentor and train new staff members
- Select live segments and previously produced content for placement in programming that supplements the live Fox Weather stream, and manage rundown of supplemental blocks
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- At least 5 years of production experience, including 2-3 years of line producing and relevant control room experience
- Must have a passion for weather - weather experience
- Ability to work under pressure, be decisive, detail-oriented , and meet deadlines
- Strong communication skills to work collaboratively with team members
NICE TO HAVE, BUT NOT A DEAL BREAKER
- A Degree in Journalism or related field
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.