Fire Safety Officer
About the Job
FOX Corporation is looking for a Fire Safety Officer to join their team in Los Angeles, CA. Under the direction of the Environmental, Health and Safety (EH&S) Department, as the Fire Safety Officer, you will assist in executing the operations of the Fox Studios Fire Prevention and Life Safety Programs. The Fire Safety Officer position is part time/on call position.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Fire prevention and fire safety through inspection, monitoring, and abating hazards
- Conduct COVID-19 medical screening activities, respond to emergency medical calls for service, provide basic emergency medical care, respond to fire related calls for service, including fire alarms, reported fires, gas leaks, etc.
- Provide support to Fire Prevention and EHS staff, and perform prevention, inspection, and public fire education duties
- Office and equipment maintenance, report writing, pyrotechnic, stunt, live audience, special event, and open flame standbys
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Completion of a recognized Fire Fighter I course
- Current certification from state certified organization as an Emergency Medical Technician I
- Current CPR Card with Healthcare Provider designation
- Strong human relation skills to interface with production, management and staff at all levels within the organization, responding and communicating clearly, concisely, and appropriately
NICE TO HAVE, BUT NOT A DEALBREAKER
- Completion of the California State Fire Marshal "Filming in California" course
- Completion of the California State Fire Marshal "Fire Inspector 1" course
- Previous experience as a Fire Inspector, Fire Safety Officer, or in a related field
- Previous experience in the entertainment industry
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.