Field Producer, FBN
About the Job
Fox Business Network is looking for a Field Producer to join the D.C. Bureau. The Washington, D.C. bureau gathers news from the White House, Capitol Hill, and on location in the field to provide reporter live shots, guest interviews, and live events for the network in a fast-paced, intense atmosphere. As the Field Producer, FBN, you will use your knowledge of politics, business, economics, and television production to produce live shots for air.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate all aspects of the production of delegated assignments including booking, writing, and graphics and producing both taped segments and live shots.
- Actively pitch and develop stories with unique angles that are on brand for FOX Business to be used
- Develop and work sources on Capitol Hill, in the White House, and within agencies to break exclusive news, advance news of the day, and enterprise unique stories
- Gather editorial information and video material
- Own the production process in the field, from pitching stories, writing of the script, and supervising the editing process
- Select appropriate video and sound bites and oversee editing
- Organize and execute all aspects of the production process in the field, including large scale projects.
- Arrange travel, hiring crews, studios, and means of transmission as necessary
- Prep editorial information and video material for use on the air in reporter live shots, packages, and other forms
- Collaborate with the FBN News Desk and show teams on segments
- Understand stories that work on FOX Business
- Watch and/or attend briefings, hearings, news conferences, speeches
- Conduct interviews on camera and over the phone
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Flexibility to work various shifts and travel when needed
- Five years of experience in a major television news organization
- Experience covering business and economic news
- Ability to travel and to work long and varied schedules
- Commitment to accuracy and integrity in news coverage and solid news judgment
- Interest in business and political news
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.