Data Visualization Designer -Weather
About the Job
FOX Weather is looking for a Data Visualization Designer to join their team! As the Data Visualization Designer, you are responsible for producing creative and visually compellinginformationgraphics to support contentfor Fox News Media platforms includingthe soon-to-launch Fox Weather.You thrive in a live news environment, have the right attitude, and understand the level of commitment needed for a quick turnaround.
* In order to be considered you must submit a link to your portfolio. *
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work closely with the art director, creative director, and department management to develop a visual identity for information displayed on Fox Weather and other Fox News Media properties
- Produce designs that help stakeholders at all levels understand what the best experience looks like: storyboards, user-flows, wireframes, mockups, prototypes, etc.
- Design data-driven graphics to help storytelling during broadcasts (ticker/crawl graphics, touchscreens, charts, forecast, and other infographics) as well as layouts for apps and other digital products
- Ensure work aligns with network brand and editorial guidelines
- Execute same-day requests while balancing assignments with longer deadlines
- Ensure all work conforms to technical requirements and file organization standards.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- 5 years' experience working in graphic design, animation, and data visualization for a broadcast, digital, or OTT platform
- Extensive knowledge of Adobe After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator, XD, and Cinema 4D
- Experience sketching, wireframing, and prototyping experiences for graphical products.
- Fluency in best practices for information architecture, interaction design and user-centered design processes as well as strong knowledge of user experience principles, techniques, and patterns
- Ability to turn abstract ideas into concrete design solutions and intuitive user experiences
- Knowledge of current design trendsin the UX and visual design field
- Strong understanding of design principles, typography layout,color theory
- Refined sense of motion and animation, particularly relating to typography and logo usage
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure news environment under tight deadlines
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
NICE TO HAVE, BUT NOT A DEALBREAKER
- Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design/Communication
- Knowledge of Maya, Vizrt, and immersive technologies
- Experience developing a visual identity from the ground up
- Experience designing for a weather platform or other service providing real-time data
- Knowledge of Figma and/or Sketch
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.