Broadcast Engineer (NABET)
About the Job
FOX is looking for a Broadcast Engineer to join the Fox Technology team to build and maintain cutting-edge broadcast video and networking platforms for one of the premier national broadcasters. This role collaborates with business teams to understand future growth plans and partners with leading technology vendors and service providers to create technology solutions that improve efficiency and create business value.
At FOX, you will have full permission to bring your best tech game to invent and build technology that delivers a high-quality viewer experience to millions across FOX networks, digital platforms, mobile applications, websites, and licensing partnerships.
The way we consume media has fundamentally changed. We watch on our laptops, phones, tablets, and TV. We stream, record, and binge. Who knows what we'll do next? You do - because you help build the technology to realize it!
Any candidate that is offered this position will be required to join NABET local 53.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide on-site support for on-air playout and transmission of Fox Broadcasting and Fox Sports content
- Work closely with the design and operations groups to develop solutions for emerging technological challenges
- Consult with FOX Sports, Entertainment, Fox Media Services, and News and FOX executives to understand business and technical requirements
- Interface with the design and integration teams to ensure that designs are adequately integrated with the monitoring and orchestration solution
- Act as the next-tier support to Broadcast Engineers, providing more in-depth troubleshooting, resolution, and leadership
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- 5+ years of hands-on experience being directly involved and responsible for large scale broadcast projects
- Hands-on experience with SDN deployments/solutions in a broadcasting environment (Evertz's Magnum SDVN solution preferred)
- Proven experience working with key technologies deployed in an IP centric broadcast facility (Multicast (including PIM routing), SMPTE-2110/2022-6/2022-7, PTP/timing (SMPTE-2059), DNS, public cloud (AWS preferred), video codecs (H.264, HEVC, JPEG XS), etc.
- Experience working in a hybrid cloud environment
- Experience with on-prem and cloud-based storage and compute infrastructure platforms that power the modern broadcasting environment
- Knowledge of major broadcast systems and the vendors that supply them in areas such as graphics, transcoding, playout, master control, etc.
- Knowledge of multi-domain architectures, including data center, WAN/LAN video routing & control systems
- Knowledge of emerging technologies such as 4K High Dynamic Range, and HDR10+
- Knowledge of multichannel audio formats
- Knowledge of SCTE 35 and 104 triggers
- Working knowledge of network monitoring tools/analyzers to effectively troubleshoot networking issues as it relates to video delivery
- Understanding of IP technologies
- Ability to work effectively across different projects simultaneously
- Ability to translate business and operation requirements into technical requirements
- Strong analytical, reasoning, technical troubleshooting skills
- Strong communication skills
- Strong project management skills and attention to detail
NICE TO HAVE, BUT NOT A DEAL BREAKER
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent practical experience in Engineering, IT, Computer Science or related Tech field
- Knowledge of industry standards such as, Advanced Television Systems Committee (ATSC) and Society of Motion Picture and Television Engineers (SMPTE)
- You care about your team and their diverse perspectives and are invested in their success
- You are excited by new technology and its potential to change how things are done
- You have an entrepreneur's spiritand enjoy problem-solving
- You LOVE getting stuff done, not just talking about it!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.