Associate Editor, Flash
About the Job
Fox News Digital is looking for an Associate Editor, Flash to join our team. You are well-versed in media, politics, and pop culture and have a clear understanding of the Fox brand and audience. You must be able to identify editorial angles that will drive conversations around the news of the day as well as bigger picture issues. In this role, you will multitask between cutting video & writing articles in close collaboration with Senior Editors and the Flash team.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Monitor news and come up with editorial angles to pursue for FoxNews.com & FoxBusiness.com
- Cover Fox platforms - including Fox News Channel, Fox Business Network, Fox Nation, Fox Radio and more - as well as other media for stories and montages
- Cut video from shows for use in articles or the homepages of FoxNews.com and FoxBusiness.com
- Write and/or copyedit scripts, headlines and copy; gather elements and coordinate production with technical staff
- Assign and edit pieces when directed by a Senior Editor
- Handle team requests for video or written content when directed by a Senior Editor
- Proven organizational ability to ensure editorial standards are upheld, demands from across company platforms are addressed and smooth handover is made to next shift
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- At least 2 years of experience in news, TV or daily video
- Experience with digital analytics to monitor, build traffic
- Familiarity with AP style, strong knowledge of current events and politics
- Strong SEO and social media skills
- Strong communication skills
- A self-starter with strong news judgment for a digital audience
- Ability to pivot between breaking news stories and in-depth projects with longer deadlines
- Ability/flexibility to work mornings, evenings or weekends as required due to demands of the breaking news industry.
NICE TO HAVE, BUT NOT A DEAL BREAKER
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience using content management systems and video editing systems
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.