Application Developer (Back-End)
About the Job
Fox Corporation is looking for a self-motivated Application Developer to join our New York Consumer Platforms and Engineering team. As an application developer, you will engage in the development of highly available cloud-based services, including API services, back end frameworks, and administrative tools for Fox digital properties. You are an advocate for development best practices (including TDD, Pair Programming, and CI/CD), have a passion to keep learning the latest technologies, and create forward-thinking solutions. Working along with our product management and product teams, our developer teams integrate into the full process of design and implementation.
Our premiere Platform is the digital foundation of all Fox brands and their Web/Mobile/OTT properties. We love what we do and we're looking for passionate, talented people to help us lead, grow, and achieve our goals. Joining Fox Corp is a singular opportunity to be part of a highly successful, dynamic team that has transformed the way people get their information.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Utilize TDD to implement unit tests on new development and implement E2E testing with automation in mind
- Optimize applications for maximum speed, scalability, and security
- Drive the development of Node-based API services, using serverless methodologies and decoupled architectures
- Participate in the development of lambda based services and create next-generation solutions using the latest frameworks and tools
- Maintain and build custom microservices to power enterprise Content Management System
About the technologies we use:
- AWS: EC2, Lambda, RDS, Elasticsearch, Elasticache, S3, SQS, Kinesis
- PHP (or similar)
- MySQL, DynamoDB
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Experience in Node
- Familiar with implementing middleware, custom routing and proxies
- Your passion for learning is contagious, and you look for opportunities to try new approaches or use new technology in order to solve unique problems
- You look to engage in agile software methodologies, including practices from XP and Lean into your daily behaviors; unit tests are your way of life, not a nice-to-have
- You enjoy engaging in conversation software design, and can communicate your ideas and concepts to other team members for collaboration and feedback
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.