Formulation Technician I
Thermo Fisher Scientific Cincinnati, OH
About the Job
- Performs operation, cleaning, set-up, and problem solving on computer controlled granulation equipment.
- Disassembles, cleans, and re-assembles equipment using basic hand tools.
- Maintains accurate, neat, error free records such as BPR and logbook entries.
- Follows SOP's and GMPs.
- Monitors operations for deviations, quality problems, or mechanical problems.
- Maintains neat work area and follows department safety rules.
- Job requires wearing personal protective equipment including Tyvek coveralls and various styles of respirators (1/2 face, 3M-hood, and dust mask).
- Licensed to drive fork truck and walkie stacker. Identifies safety, quality, and efficiency improvements and actively participates in learning organization development.
- Performs duties in other work areas as required
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Experience in pharmaceutical production.
- Mechanical aptitude and ability to disassemble and reassemble various area equipment.
- Prior computer operation and experience in APACS, RAFT , is desirable.
- Basic reading comprehension and math skills necessary to follow BPR instructions and complete BPR calculations.
- Good communication skills and ability to work both individually and as part of a team.
- Able to manipulate/handle drums weighing up to 110 kg and lift containers weighing up to 40 kg. Able to hand-scoop 5 lbs. intermittently throughout the workday. Job requires wearing personal protective equipment to include white zone gowning requirements and various styles of respirators (1/2 face, 3-M hood, full face, and dust mask)