Product Mgr, Purchase (Cart/Checkout/Payments)
About the Job
Our global house-of-brands inspires and empowers youth culture. Relentlessly committed to fuel a shared passion for self-expression, we create unrivaled experiences at the heart of the sport and sneaker communities through the power of our people. If you want to be a part of something bigger than you can imagine, you've come to the right place. To learn more about the incredible impact we're making on both our local and global communities, Click Here!
As the Purchase Product Manager at Foot Locker, Inc., you are a proven and demonstrated product leader who will expertly lead the creation and execution of digital and omni products that will serve our customers across the global portfolio of retail brands. You will be responsible for building and constantly improving seamless and frictionless digital and omni experiences, specifically in the cart/checkout area of the customer journey, that keep our customers connected and informed from the time they place their order until they receive it and beyond. You will work closely with stakeholders across the global organization including business partners to understand their needs, and technical teams to bring your respective digital products to life through development cycles. This role is a critical part of the product management organization as it will be focused on driving continuous improvement across the internal and external customer journey.
This is a very visible role within the organization and you will be expected to present updates and strategies to stakeholders across the organization as well as our leadership team.
- Define the vision for the cart/checkout products driven by data, insights, and research that aligns with Foot Locker, Inc.'s overall strategic vision and goals.
- Bring customer-obsessed attention to your products and continually iterate to ensure customer needs are met and that the products remains competitive.
- Develop, prioritize, communicate and provide leadership with a product roadmap that creates best-in-class customer experiences based on your understanding of the customer across channels, across the globe.
- Define all KPIs for success of the products on the roadmap; continuously monitor those KPIs post-implementation to understand future enhancement opportunities.
- Apply design thinking principles and lead development and execution of the entire product life cycle from strategic planning to growth.
- Provide leadership to a cross-functional team (engineering, QA, stakeholders, data, etc.) to bring products to life via development cycles.
- Understand customer pain points and assist in defining solutions and bringing them to life.
- Articulate clear product priorities driven by data and inclusive of measurable KPIs and targets that align with company and business goals.
- Fully understands and is up to date on the competitive landscape.
- Communicate product updates to all stakeholders over the course of multiple meetings and various communication methods (email, SharePoint, JIRA, etc.).
- Optimize the product and feature roadmap assessing priorities and trade-offs between customer experience, time-to-market, and operational support load.
- Collaborate with business stakeholders to maintain a backlog of feature requests and maintain a product roadmap.
- Ensure coordination and collaboration across the product team to properly manage dependencies and avoid duplication of work.
- Understand technical issues to effectively make decisions around prioritizing new features, reducing technical debt and improving resiliency.
- Work closely with UX / UI and usability to define and test user flows and experiences.
- Discover testing opportunities with new or existing features.
- Act as the final approver for production-ready stories and features of the product. Set the release schedule.
- Manage relationships with stakeholders: intake their requests, gather requirements, discuss prioritization, and be transparent about timing and delivery.
- Remain focused on product quality by staying deeply immersed in deliverables and releases to ensure no surprises.
- As this department grows in the future, there may be direct supervisory responsibilities from 0-4 reports.
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing or related field; MBA a plus; or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 2 (two) years of experience operating, managing and delivering results in a consumer-facing product management role.
- Solid technical background, specifically with e-commerce technology.
- Demonstrated exceptional ability to assess business value, time-to-market, and trade-offs using data, when possible, to prioritize best value additive initiatives for the customer and business.
- Experience with lean requirements gathering, story mapping, and running requirements workshops with strategic stakeholders.
- Excellent analytical abilities, rigorous attention to detail and bias for customer-centric planning.
- Demonstrated above average technical knowledge and proficiency; is effective in translating technical knowledge into business language as needed.
- Near-expert ability to juggle multiple priorities and make things happen in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Excellent ability to influence and align stakeholders.
- Bias for action and willingness to roll up one's sleeves to get the job done.
- Collaborative spirit, and relationship-builder both internally and externally.
- Proven ability to work on cross functional teams in a matrix organization.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Proven above average knowledge and applied practice of agile methodology and scrum.
- Experience using JIRA, Confluence and SharePoint.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).