The company is searching for proactive, hungry, and curious professionals who can roll up their sleeves on day-to-day tasks, while also being additive in building a best-in-class accounting department for one of the fastest-growing brands in cannabis.
There is room for career growth within the company. This role reports directly to the Controller.
- 3 to 5+ years of general accounting experience
- Ability to grow professionally in a rapidly growing department in a high-growth tech-enabled cannabis startup
- Microsoft office suite + Quickbooks, Sage or other equivalent system experience
- CPA Preferred, but not required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills; must be detail-oriented
- Ability to multi-task
- Open to change and willing to learn new skills
- Ability to follow up on pending issues
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Accounting or Finance Degree preferred
- Eager to take on new tasks and projects with little supervision
- Extensive knowledge of GAAP and application toward accounting entries
- Enjoys working in a start-up, fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently in a highly organized manner and demonstrate
- Financial statement preparation
- Assists in the development and documentation of accounting policies & procedures
- Maintains policy documentation
- Booking General Ledger transactions
- Maintaining Fixed Asset Ledger
- Reconciling inter-company transactions
- Assist with the external and internal audit process
- Heavy involvement with process improvement projects
- Report preparation and circulation
- Reconciles various accounts by identifying errors in posting or omissions by applying appropriate accounting standards.
- Files, maintains and distributes accounting documents, records, and reports.
- Maintain adequate documentation and records of close
- Prepare journal entries and prepare reconciliations for accounts such as benefits, fixed assets, prepaid, accrued expenses, intercompany
- Ability to communicate information to a wide range of stakeholders within an organization
- Perform review to guarantee accuracy and compliance with GAAP and ensure we are ready for our first-year external audit
- Ensure the accuracy and completeness of all payroll reporting in the general ledger
- Research technical accounting issues and draft accounting position memos as necessary
- Review company contracts for proper treatment under US GAAP
- Ability to assist in training junior team members on technical accounting matters
- Assist in managing service provider relationships including audit, tax, and outsourced operational and technical accounting
FlowerHire is on a mission to build a conscious cannabis community —one hire at a time. As the leading cannabis talent agency and platform in North America, FlowerHire has filled many hundreds of positions in over a dozen US states since our inception in 2017, prior to California fully legalizing. FlowerHire works with marquee brands and multistate operators in all parts of the cannabis vertical. FlowerHire believes that the cannabis movement will continue to positively impact the human condition more than any other emerging industry in modern history. Our core values include community, authenticity, gratitude, and execution. FlowerHire provides retained executive search, contingent recruitment and human capital advisory services for the cannabis industry.
Equal opportunity employerFlowerHire is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.