About the Job
Come work for us!
We are looking for dedicated employees to join our team to help our customers have the best experience possible every time they enter a JD Finish Line store.
Our employees are key to our success.
The Associate Copywriter is responsible for crafting engaging, SEO-centric product copy on Finishline.com and JDSports.com, focused on driving conversion and sales. This individual should effectively exhibit JD Finish Line's core values of Customer, People, Winning, Community, and Financial Responsibility in everything they do by performing the following key duties:
- Responsible for creating site product copy, by researching, writing and editing
- Writes in the Finish Line and JD Sports "voice" and adheres to brand guidelines
- Utilizes product copy guidelines and SEO best practices to name products for optimal internal and external search
- Partners with Digital Merchandisers to get product live on the site in a timely manner
- Works directly in ecommerce platform tool (Oracle Commerce) to upload and edit product copy, including product names and color descriptions
- Periodically optimizes older descriptions for evergreen products
- Additional duties and projects as required
Required Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university or equivalent experience required, with Journalism or Communications preferred. Internal candidates with JD Finish Line experience strongly preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required Computer and/or Technical Skills
Excellent computer skills, including basic to intermediate knowledge and abilities with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. High degree of internet savvy, with a curiosity and enthusiasm for digital and media trends.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sit for more than 6 hours per shift