Field Service Engineer II
About the Job
As part of the Instrument and Enterprise Services (IES) team (ULS brand), you have the opportunity to join a community of engineers who have strong customer relationships and solid technical knowledge within our Laboratory Products Division (LPD). At Thermo Fisher Scientific, we enable you to work autonomously and provide field service support to many different customers while developing your professional skills at the same time. What will you do?
- Repair, install, and maintain a variety of laboratory equipment products including incubators, centrifuges, cold storage (refrigerators and freezers), computer server based remote monitoring systems and other equipment as needed
- Schedule and complete thorough preventative maintenance service to assure peak uptime of customer equipment
- Understand customers’ needs to best promote service contracts, services, and new equipment.
- Manage expenses and spare parts inventory in a timely and accurate manner
- Document daily service actions through the company work order database
- Maintains courteous, and knowledgeable communication with customer to ensure alignment of all aspects of the service event (status, cost, scheduling, etc.)
How will you get there?
- Strong electronic/electrical and mechanical background preferred, IT/Networking background a plus, refrigeration experience a plus
- Advanced knowledge working with basic test equipment such as DMM, tachometer, temperature devices, etc.
- Good understanding of Smart Phones, Computer operations preferred
- Demonstrated mastery of LPD product lines with minimal supervision
- Proven ability to mentor and train other engineers with difficult service calls that require technical expertise
- Ability to work independently diagnosing and troubleshooting with schematics, diagrams, service manuals and other technical documentation
- Associates Degree in Electronics or Engineering or equivalent education/experience
- Microsoft A+ a plus
- Computer and IT training a plus
- Refrigeration training a plus
- Ability to lift 50 lbs with assistance, and carry 25-30 Lbs. continuously throughout the day
- Must adhere to customer clean room environments and wear appropriate Personal Protective attire as required
- Ability to drive frequently within territory and travel overnight if necessary
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a safe driving record
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them. Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.