Field Application Scientist
About the Job
The role of FAS involves providing scientific expertise, applications support and training to customers with a focus on Real-time PCR products and Sample Preparation/Automation products through a variety of interfaces including in-person, phone and email communications. Combining customer relation, training and support, this function is well suited for those who enjoy working with customers of diverse scientific backgrounds. The FAS will act as a trusted expert to our customers, thereby increasing customer satisfaction and loyalty resulting in a contribution to the overall success of the business.
- Provide independently in-house and on-site scientific application support & training support on brand products, thereby contributing substantially to customer satisfaction.
- Support sales in the achievement of the regional sales target by delivering product line specific pre- and post-sales related customer support activities.
- Perform product demonstrations at customer or company sites.
- Prepares and presents seminars to wide array of audiences.
- Solve customer escalations effectively through in-depth troubleshooting.
- Provide technical and applications assistance in response to customer inquiries.
- Plays a major role when introducing and supporting new products and applications.
- Train and support other departments on new products and applications.
- Continuously updates scientific knowledge for support of customers, sales and service on the leading edge of technology Communicates effectively within the team to enhance others’ knowledge.
- Support the Service & Support organization in the achievement of the regional training and service contract sales target through customer interaction and relation.
- Knowledge and skills acquired through completion of a MSc and/or PhD in Biology, Microbiology, Biochemistry or related scientific field.
- Experience in the field of Real-time PCR and/or Sample Preparation/Automation products.
- Team player who can effectively integrate internal and field based activities across functions to support customer requirements.
- Individual will also need to balance and prioritize the requirements of several internal and external stakeholders in an ever-changing environment. Manage time effectively.
- Good knowledge of Genomics and Genomic applications is considered an asset.
- Experience in presenting technical materials in written and verbal form is essential.
- Ability to read, analyse, and interpret common scientific and technical journals.
- Ability to troubleshoot technical problems.
- Strong data analysis/data manipulation skills
- Customer minded individual with the empathy to understand customer concerns.
- Customer facing experience is an asset.
- Good commercial insight and attitude required.
- Very strong communications skills. Capable of interacting with a diverse population of internal and external contacts.
- Independent and self-driven personality.
- Technical engineering experience
- Fluent in English language skills.
- Willingness to travel 25-75% of the time (will vary).
- Clean driver’s license