Field Application Scientist, Semiconductor
About the Job
Specific responsibilities are:
· Perform high quality SDB product demonstrations, including the development of new techniques and applications for Thermo Fisher partners and customers.
· Conduct customer training and translate customer needs into workable solutions
· Technical product expert assisting with all phases of the sales cycle.
· Cultivating positive customer relationships and acting as a high level customer interface for specific instrument/applications issues, explaining complex technology details, giving in depth technical presentations, and assisting in applications development.
· Customer support and applications training post sales cycle and after instrument has been installed.
· Provide continuous feedback to the product groups on system performance, features, and potential problems while collaborating with marketing/development groups on future product developments.
The successful candidate will possess the following combination of education and experience:
· Typically requires preferred MS degree in Materials Science, Chemistry and or Physics with strong post academic background demonstrating expertise in critical microscopy application areas
· Knowledge and recent hands-on experience with SDB is required. Knowledge of advanced analytical techniques desirable.
· 3 or more years experience in a relevant commercial/research establishment with recent experience utilizing SDB technology.
· Knowledge on semiconductor devices/ materials/ process flow.
· Knowledge of advanced technology diagnostics as well as fault finding techniques, operational optimization, and experience of analytical equipment; specifically electron/ion microscopes.
· Excellent, enthusiastic, clear communication skills, both written and verbal, with a diverse audience are critical to the success of this position.
· Excellent customer interfacing skills a must
· Proven ability to interact with cross - functional and cross - cultural teams