Field Application Scientist for Imaging, detection and SamplePrep
About the Job
Are you passionate about making a difference within the Life Science segment? Are you looking for a role that combines science, training, troubleshooting and working with customers in various scientific domains? Do you want to be a part of a company known to be a fast-paced global leader in service science? If so, this might be the perfect role for you...
Key responsibilities include:
- Provide independently on-site and remote scientific application support & training support on products
- Perform product demonstrations and training at customer or company sites
- Prepares and presents seminars to wide array of audiences
- Support the organization in the achievement of the regional commercial, service and support goals
- Solve customer escalations effectively through in-depth troubleshooting.
- Remain up to date with product and state of the art scientific know how and work in line with our Support & Service Competencies
- Plays a major role when introducing and supporting new products and applications
- Support sales organization in the achievement of their target by delivering product line specific presales activities
- MSc in Biological Sciences, or equivalent experience
- Laboratory experience to include expertise in protein and/or cell biology applications and/or microscopy
- The ideal candidate should have a proven experience on our instruments for the specified areas
- Experience in presenting technical materials in written and verbal form
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot technical problems.
- Customer facing experience is an asset. Good commercial insight and attitude required.
- Demonstrated ability to read, analyse, and interpret common scientific and technical reports and apply mathematical and statistical data analysis
- Very strong communication skills. Capable of interacting with a diverse population of internal and external contact
- Customer minded individual with the empathy to understand customer concerns
- Flexibility to travel throughout area of responsibility (50-75% of the time)
Valid driving license
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them.
Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon
With Thermo Fisher Scientic, it’s not just a career. It’s a chance to realise your best – professionally and personally.