Compensation: $15.50 - $17.25. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range or starting rate of candidates hired in your area. Factors that may be used to determine your actual salary may include your specific skills, your work location, how many years of experience you have, and comparison to other employees already in this role.
The Store Consultant consistently delivers a positive customer experience to all customers, utilizing consultative skills to anticipate customer needs, suggest alternatives and provide solutions. This customer service focused team member is knowledgeable in all areas of the Store’s business, including print, signs & graphics, and shipping. They will be responsible for taking orders, coordinating activities in the Store, providing pricing and product information, and recommending appropriate FedEx Office products and services. The Store Consultant will operate and maintain a wide variety of equipment, move boxes and equipment, stock materials, manage the production queue and output, manage complex projects, manage retail supply, and complete assigned tasks based on priority.
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
(This is a representative list of the general duties the position may be asked to perform, and is not intended to be all-inclusive)
- Follows instructions of supervisors and assists other team members in performing store functions
- Assists in the training of store team members
- Demonstrates consultative behaviors in a retail environment to understand each customer’s individualized need
- Provides customer expertise in printing, signs and graphics and shipping product lines and can recommend appropriate FedEx Office products and services
- Provides an outstanding customer service experience by using consultative skills to anticipate customer needs, suggest alternatives, and find solutions to meet customer needs
- Ensures all customer problems are resolved quickly and to the satisfaction of the customer
- Takes complex customer orders using order systems and provides accurate pricing information
- Assembles parcels and prepares goods for shipping by wrapping items in insulation, inserting items into shipping containers, weighing packages, and affixing labels to parcels
- Sets up and operates printing, binding, and other related equipment using customer supplied original media and documents
- Maintains a safe, clean and orderly retail Store
- Ensures confidentiality of customer data and careful handling of documents, media, and packages
- Processes financial transactions using a Point of Sale terminal (POS),including handling cash and making change
- Cleans, repairs, and stocks all retail store printing and shipping equipment and supplies to provide optimal performance and availability
- Stays current on retail Store merchandising materials and ensures proper display of all retail area product and signage
- Takes preemptive action to prevent errors and waste
- Completes required financial paperwork and may assist with financial reporting including daily sales, close-outs and bank deposits
- Follows FedEx Office standard operating procedures as well as adhering to legal, HR, safety , customer service and security policies and procedures
- Performs multiple tasks at the same time
- Looks for opportunities to improve knowledge and skills within the retail Store
- Able to operate with minimal supervision
- Adheres to all FedEx Office team member and retail store standards, as outlined in the team member handbook
- All other duties as needed or required
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- High school diploma or equivalent education
- 6+ months of specialized experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- For new hires, must meet all FedEx Office employment qualifications in force at time of hiring
- For current FedEx Office team members, must meet hiring criteria for the position and transfer requirements as outlined in the Team Member Handbook
- Ability to stand during entire shift, excluding meal and rest periods
- Ability to move and lift 55 pounds
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to bend/twist at the waist and knees
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to communicate effectively with customers, vendors, and other team members
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to perform work activities requiring cooperation and instruction
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to function in a fast-paced environment, under substantial pressure
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to maintain attention and concentration for extended periods of time
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to work with minimal supervision
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to report regularly to work and maintain established business hours in order to support the FedEx Office business; regular attendance and/or reporting could include regular attendance at a physical location and/or maintaining established business hours depending on the scope and nature of the position
Quality Driven Management strives to deliver market-leading customer experience, business excellence, and financial return through a Quality-oriented culture and day-to-day application of Quality science.
- Suggests areas for improvement in internal processes along with possible solutions.
- Works with management to reduce company costs/wastes, and to optimize profitability in areas of responsibility.
- Applies Quality concepts presented at training during daily activities.
- Supports FedEx Office Quality initiatives.
FedEx Office is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, genetic information, age (except for bona fide occupational qualifications), sex, pregnancy (including childbirth or a related medical condition), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, military leave or service, status as a disabled veteran or other covered veteran status, participation in EEO protected activity, any other status protected by federal, state, or local law, or association with a person on the basis of one or more of the foregoing. America’s Military Veterans and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
FedEx Office will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities, including throughout the application and hiring process, if requested. Applicants who require reasonable accommodations in the application or hiring process should email HR.Recruiting@fedex.com.
FedEx Office will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and the New York City Fair Chance Act. The existence of a criminal record is not an automatic or absolute bar to employment and a candidate’s criminal record will be considered individually based on factors such as the relationship between the job sought and the criminal offense, the timing of the offense, the nature of the offense, and any other relevant information. If you are applying in Philadelphia, PA, you can click here to learn about Philadelphia's fair chance hiring law.
For more information, click here.