Leads a store business unit, focusing on creating a consistent and positive customer experience. Assists in the supervision and oversight of all team members and business operations, monitoring and facilitating all production and retail processes, pick-up and delivery, shipping and quality control processes. Manages store in the absence of the Store Manager. The Store Assistant Manager is required to perform all functions normally performed by the team member.
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
(This is a representative list of the general duties the position may be asked to perform, and is not intended to be all-inclusive)
- Demonstrates consultative behaviors to ensure friendly, polite, expert service is delivered to all customers
- Evaluates the efficiency and productivity of team members in creating positive customer experiences
- If necessary, resolves customer disputes and complaints to ensure timely resolution and customer satisfaction
- Creates a customer focused environment in all areas of the store (production, retail, self service, and shipping) and monitors the store ensuring a clean and professional environment
- Establishes and manages a process for customer flow in the store to improve service experience ensuring customers needs are met quickly and quality products are delivered
- Provides training and development of team members on assigned shifts by monitoring goals and providing feedback
- Interviews job applicants, complies with all company hiring policies and assists Store Manager with the hiring of team members
- Coaches, counsels and provides feedback to team members on their performance and to ensure adherence to company policies and standards
- Maintains communication with the Store Lead Consultant and/or production team to ensure deadlines are met and quality checks are being performed
- Oversees shipping related services and activities
- Responsible for communication with the Store Manager and team members on daily/weekly/monthly goals, performance to plan, key performance metrics, customer issues and company initiatives
- Complies with and enforces FedEx Office established policies and procedures and maintains an environment of controls
- Assists Store Manager in review and transmission of payroll and daily close out of POS
- Performs all other administrative duties as needed or requested including without limitation scheduling, payroll management, training compliance, daily close-out of POS, bidding, ordering and receiving supplies and inventory controls
- All other duties as needed or required
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- High School diploma or equivalent education
- 1+ year of related experience, prior supervisory experience preferred
- For new hires, must meet all FedEx Office employment qualifications in force at time of hiring
- For current FedEx Office team members, must meet hiring criteria for the position and transfer requirements as outlined in the Team Member Handbook
- Ability to stand during entire shift, excluding meal and rest periods
- Ability to move and lift 55 pounds
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to bend/twist at the waist and knees
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to communicate effectively with customers, vendors, and other team members
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to perform work activities requiring cooperation and instruction
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to function in a fast-paced environment, under substantial pressure
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to maintain attention and concentration for extended periods of time
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to work with minimal supervision
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to report regularly to work and maintain established business hours in order to support the FedEx Office business; regular attendance and/or reporting could include regular attendance at a physical location and/or maintaining established business hours depending on the scope and nature of the position
Quality Driven Management strives to deliver market-leading customer experience, business excellence, and financial return through a Quality-oriented culture and day-to-day application of Quality science.
- Suggests areas for improvement in internal processes along with possible solutions.
- Works with management to reduce company costs/wastes, and to optimize profitability in areas of responsibility.
- Applies Quality concepts presented at training during daily activities.
- Supports FedEx Office Quality initiatives.
FedEx Office is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, genetic information, age (except for bona fide occupational qualifications), sex, pregnancy (including childbirth or a related medical condition), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, military leave or service, status as a disabled veteran or other covered veteran status, participation in EEO protected activity, any other status protected by federal, state, or local law, or association with a person on the basis of one or more of the foregoing. America’s Military Veterans and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
FedEx Office will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities, including throughout the application and hiring process, if requested. Applicants who require reasonable accommodations in the application or hiring process should email HR.Recruiting@fedex.com.
FedEx Office will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and the New York City Fair Chance Act. The existence of a criminal record is not an automatic or absolute bar to employment and a candidate’s criminal record will be considered individually based on factors such as the relationship between the job sought and the criminal offense, the timing of the offense, the nature of the offense, and any other relevant information. If you are applying in Philadelphia, PA, you can click here to learn about Philadelphia's fair chance hiring law.
For more information, click here.