Vice President, Partner Dev - College
About the Job
At Fanatics, we're a diverse, passionate group of employees aiming to ignite pride and passion in the fans we outfit, celebrate and support. We recognize that diversity helps drive and foster innovation, and through our IDEA program (inclusion, diversity, equality and advocacy) at Fanatics we provide employees with tools and resources to feel connected and engaged in who they are and what they do to support the ultimate fan experience.
About the Team
Join our world class Business Development team, which is focused on expanding and enhancing our existing and prospective partner relationships across U.S. professional and college teams. The team works out of Fanatics' offices across the globe to connect the power of Fanatics' innovation and services in E-Commerce, In-Venue Retail, Event Merchandising, and Wholesale Manufacturing to current and prospective partners in the NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, and MLS, as well as colleges and universities and special events.
About the Team - Fanatics College
The College Division of Fanatics was formed in 2017 to focus more deeply on our wide array of premier U.S. College & University partners. Our college partnerships span every one of Fanatics' unique service offerings - Fanatics Brands, Top of the World, and WinCraft for wholesale apparel, headwear and hard goods manufacturing rights; E-Commerce; Official In-Venue Retail; Licensing Management; our Fanatics Authentic business; and the partnership between Fanatics-Lids College and Barnes and Noble Education. We are keenly focused on growth in the college channel and this group focuses every day on ensuring we are connecting the innovation and technology of Fanatics to our college partners.
About the Role - Vice President, Partner Development - College
Fanatics, Inc. is seeking a motivated and dynamic individual to join our Business Affairs & Development team as a Vice President, Partner Development - College. This role will work to identify and cultivate new opportunities for strategic partnerships across the higher education and college athletics landscape for the portfolio of innovative platforms offered by Fanatics. The VP will be a member of the College leadership team and utilize current, former, and future relationships with campus decision-makers to drive growth in new partnerships for Fanatics.
- Cultivate high-level partnership opportunities through strategic communication and development efforts with licensing departments, athletic departments, and finance and auxiliary departments on college campuses.
- Develop and manage an extensive pipeline of potential new rights across Fanatics' suite of services.
- Maintain and develop high level relationships with campus decision-makers through a wide range of industry and conference-level events and affiliations.
- Oversee the completion of RFP's, presentations, and client contract renewal negotiations, working closely with the corporate finance team in building pro forma models for proposals and contract renewals.
- Support the College Partner Development team based in Atlanta, Jacksonville, and Los Angeles in their work with existing partners to expand and enhance the overall relationship with Fanatics by identifying new areas of opportunity for the partner and expanding Fanatics' contractual rights in those areas.
- Provide strategic insights into the development of new initiatives by the Fanatics College team, as well as identification of new opportunities to pursue that can strengthen Fanatics campus partnerships.
- Work with the Business Affairs and Partner Development team to share best practices and innovations to benefit teammates and other clients.
- 15+ years of experience working in sales, business development, or client management role in college athletics or higher education, preferably in the e-commerce, retail, licensing, or sports marketing industries.
- Must possess a strong and favorable network of campus decision-makers in senior level positions in college athletics or campus finance/business units across a wide range of schools.
- Ability to operate effectively in a fast-paced, analytical, data-driven environment, which also requires strong communication skills to effectively convey complex business concepts to current and prospective clients.
- An understanding of the traditional decision-making dynamics on a college campus, as well as the typical process and timing of the sales cycle for forming partnerships.
- Ability to multitask while managing and prioritizing multiple deadlines such as RFP's, proposals, and presentations.
- Comfortable engaging with major client decision-makers, as well as senior executives and leaders, either in one-on-one or small group presentations.
- Excellent writing skills, including content creation, editing, and proofreading.
- Ability to synthesize and simplify a wide range of complex data points into concise client reports.
- A self-motivated individual and good team player
- Takes accountability and ownership of his/her own work
- Understanding of financial analysis and forecasting, including use of MS Excel for modeling
- Experience working with Powerpoint, Keynote, and other presentation platforms
- Ability to learn, adapt, and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelor's degree
Tryouts are open at Fanatics! Our team is passionate, talented, unified, and charged with creating the fan experience of tomorrow. The ball is in your court now.
Ensure your Fanatics job offer is legitimate and don't fall victim to fraud. Fanatics never seeks payment from job applicants. Fanatics recruiters will only reach out to applicants from an @fanatics.com or @fanatics.co.uk email address. For added security, where possible, apply through our company website at www.fanaticsinc.com/careers