About the Job
At Fanatics, we're a diverse, passionate group of employees aiming to ignite pride and passion in the fans we outfit, celebrate and support. We recognize that diversity helps drive and foster innovation, and through our IDEA program (inclusion, diversity, equality and advocacy) at Fanatics we provide employees with tools and resources to feel connected and engaged in who they are and what they do to support the ultimate fan experience.
As part of the Global Accounting Department's Rotation Program, the candidate will help develop and provide financial leadership by rotating every 12 to 18 months within one of the following areas (Jacksonville based): 1) Royalty and Revenue Sharing; 2) Corporate, State & Local Taxes; 3) Accounts Receivable & Credit; 4) Retail Venues & Inventory Accounting Support; 5) Accounts Payable; and 6) Wholesale Accounting. Tampa based; 1) Royalty Accounting, and 2) Cost Accounting
To be successful in this rotation program, the Staff Accountant must possess the desire to learn and develop and have attention to detail. The candidate must have demonstrated scholastic excellence and leadership qualities by maintaining a minimum GPA of 3.0 or better with extracurricular activities. In addition, we are looking for collaborative accounting professionals with the background and interpersonal skills sufficient to function successfully in a growth-enabling and challenging fast-paced environment. He or she must have the ability to embrace and assume ownership of various processes and tasks as provided, with a high-level attention to detail. Individuals with superior organizational, project management, and communication skills should apply.
Candidate must be open to relocation between Jacksonville and Tampa Florida for consideration of the rotation and future opportunities.
- Ensuring and developing a process for collection, tracking, analyzing, reporting and reconciliation of activity on a daily, weekly and monthly basis
- Ensuring and developing processes for the preparation and recording of required journal entries for certain entities/processes including daily transactions and monthly expense allocations
- Improve financial status by analyzing results and variances, identifying trends, and recommending actions
- Recommend to management any updates to accounting policies related to processes and procedures
- Acquire a deep understanding of the business processes related to assigned area/function (including general ledger accounts and transaction flow)
- Perform duties in compliance with GAAP, company and department policies and procedures, internal controls, and Sarbanes-Oxley requirements if needed
- Assist management on any and all accounting related issues
- Prepare ad hoc financial reporting requests, other analyses and special projects requested by management
- Assist with developing policies, including working with outside service providers as needed (KPMG, EY, etc.)
- Assist with the coordination of the Company's growth and expansion as needed
- Build upon the core accounting function that will facilitate proper accruals for revenue share, royalties, sales tax, bad debt reserves and deductions, general P&L accruals, revenue recognition, inventory, travel & entertainment, year-end tax provision, and various other balance sheet items
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting required
- 0 to 3 years experience
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and stringent deadlines within a fast-paced environment is a must
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks
- Must have strong analytical skills
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively work with multiple departments and levels within the organization
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to travel if needed
- CPA (Certified Public Accountant), seeking or desire for certification, is a plus
Tryouts are open at Fanatics! Our team is passionate, talented, unified, and charged with creating the fan experience of tomorrow. The ball is in your court now.
Ensure your Fanatics job offer is legitimate and don't fall victim to fraud. Fanatics never seeks payment from job applicants. Fanatics recruiters will only reach out to applicants from an @fanatics.com or @fanatics.co.uk email address. For added security, where possible, apply through our company website at www.fanaticsinc.com/careers