Software Engineer III - #7558
About the Job
At Fanatics, we're a diverse, passionate group of employees aiming to ignite pride and passion in the fans we outfit, celebrate and support. We recognize that diversity helps drive and foster innovation, and through our IDEA program (inclusion, diversity, equality and advocacy) at Fanatics we provide employees with tools and resources to feel connected and engaged in who they are and what they do to support the ultimate fan experience.
We are looking for software engineers to help our team create the next generation systems for our Fanatics Vertical Brands division to support our growing business. Our team is in search of people that are proactive, detail-oriented, and driven by ensuring the highest quality in web solutions. The ideal candidate will come in with an open mindset and willingness to learn and adapt to new technologies and apply them to our rapidly growing division.
What will you be doing?
- Converting designs and concepts into reality in a pragmatic fashion
- Integrating internal and external applications via RESTful APIs, RPC, and other methods
- Perform code reviews
- Contributing to project planning and scrum meetings
- Use experience to help developers reach high levels of productivity & quality
- Assist in maintaining legacy systems when necessary
- Producing detailed architectural and technical plans
What are we looking for?
- Experience with development and basic administration in a Linux environment
- Experience with Relational databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc)
- Experience with Agile methodologies (TDD, SCRUM, Kanban, etc)
- Experience with automated configuration management, deployment and testing solutions
- Ability to work effectively both individually and in a distributed team environment
- Ability to handle multiple projects and switch quickly and comfortably between projects as needed
- Experience working on systems related to warehouse management or manufacturing
- Experience with NoSql databases (MongoDB, Cassandra, etc...)
- Experience with web programming frameworks such as AngularJS, React JS, Grails, Django, etc...
- Experience with enterprise-ready container platforms such as Docker or Kubernetes
- Experience with message broker services such as Redis, RabbitMQ, beanstalkd, etc...
- Experience in cloud services using AWS
- Fanatics leadership team scored an "A+" by 967 employees placing it in the Top 5% of companies sized 1,001-5,000 Employees in the US. Take a look our page on Comparably .
- We put an emphasis on our people as Fanatics won 2 awards in 2019 and 3 awards in 2018. Fanatics won Best CEOs for Diversity 2019 and Best CEOs for Women 2019.
- Whether it's our comprehensive wellness coverage options, generous time off policies, or a great employee discount to load up on swag of your favorite teams; we boast a competitive total rewards package. Click here to find out more about our perks and benefits .
- Competitive compensation as employees at Fanatics rank their Compensation in the Top 20% of similar sized companies in the US.
- Casual office environment so that you can be you! Whether it's playing video games or team bonding on the basketball court, there's always a place for you to recharge.
Tryouts are open at Fanatics! Our team is passionate, talented, unified, and charged with creating the fan experience of tomorrow. The ball is in your court now.
Ensure your Fanatics job offer is legitimate and don't fall victim to fraud. Fanatics never seeks payment from job applicants. Fanatics recruiters will only reach out to applicants from an @fanatics.com or @fanatics.co.uk email address. For added security, where possible, apply through our company website at www.fanaticsinc.com/careers