Product Integrity (PI)/Quality Product Labeling Co
About the Job
The primary responsibility of the Product Integrity/Quality Product Labeling Compliance Manager is to make sure the business understands, secures and maintains necessary authorizations under global regulatory requirements and environmental product directives, (e.g., FTC, REACH SVHCs, RoHS, California's Proposition 65, international approvals for market access, etc.) to ensure labeling compliance standards and requirements are identified and communicated across the organization. Reporting to the Sr. Director of PI/Quality, there will be strong cross functional collaboration with Fanatics Legal Counsel, Customs and Compliance, Materials team, Sourcing, Product Development and the PI team. The Compliance Manager processes requests for country specific product labeling compliance from various resources including 3rd party and/or regulatory references or documents. This position is responsible for notifying appropriate groups of any changes to current requirements and regulations and prepares country-specific product labeling compliance. Other key responsibilities include maintaining country specific master copy document reference library and preparing, tracking, maintaining and reviewing all product labeling compliance documentation.
What you will be doing...
- Identifying, developing, and implementing regulatory labeling compliance requirements for finished products
- Benchmarking product labeling compliance and regulatory programs and processes to ensure best practices are identified and leveraged appropriately across the Company
- Providing expertise to drive business in the development, implementation and integration of processes, procedures, training and tools necessary to ensure ongoing product labeling regulatory compliance and product risk management
- Participating in the development of product and compliance - including product labeling compliance management, regulatory applicability, etc.
- Act as a SME to the business to ensure compliant supply chain, new product development and marketing processes are adhered to
- Monitor emerging issues in the areas of product labeling compliance, regulatory requirements and environmental product directives
- Review and verify product labeling compliance requirements are fulfilled for finished products
- Represent PI/Quality team as it relates to product labeling regulatory compliance by actively participating on new product development projects
- Assess and coordinate labeling compliance approval activities for finished products by collaborating with PI Manager on testing and providing guidance to PD and HUB teams, suppliers and overseas business partners
- Propose new policies and administer existing product labeling compliance policies and standards
- Provide ongoing training, guidance and support to increase organizational awareness of labeling compliance requirements as it relates to North America and Global regulatory compliance requirements
- Quarterly reporting: number of labels reviewed each quarter, primary issues found during the label reviews, and the number and type of associated complaint tied to the reviewed product labels
- Partner with cross-functional teams to proactively identify key regulatory labeling compliance issues and determine actionable project proposals and drive them to successful resolution
- Manage recall and crisis management team documentation and maintain sufficient and adequate documentation of processes, procedures and evaluations in an efficient manner to ensure regulatory compliance
- Advise cross functional teams and supply chain of upcoming changes to labeling and provide guidance on when changes need to be implemented in the market for compliance
- Acts as a liaison between sourcing, merchandising, brand/league management, legal and vendors on questions or issues relating to product labeling
- Research, understand, and communicate global labeling compliance requirements relating to current products, new product categories and expansion of sales to new regions globally
- Review and approve product labeling, packaging artwork, and instruction booklets to ensure labeling compliance requirements are met
- Support continuous improvement and cost savings projects by ensuring that product labeling compliance maintained
- Manage relationships with third-party agencies and test laboratories globally
- Participate in industry associations and rule-making as appropriate
- Knowledge of FTC Fair Packaging and Labeling experience with consumer products and FPLA / UPLR labeling regulations is preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of CPSC Labeling Requirements
- Extensive global regulatory and compliance labeling experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Textiles, Product Engineering or related technical/ retail label compliance and manufacturing expertise required or equivalent
- 3 -5 years of management experience
- 5 -10 years of experience in assuring global product labeling compliance with regulatory requirements
- Strong time management skills, ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Computer skills required, including Microsoft office excel, power point and database applications
- Effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Comfortable working in a risk-based collaborative environment
- Ability to comprehend and apply technical, abstract and complex information
- Expertise with global labeling regulatory agency requirements
- Demonstrated ability to perform in a collaborative team environment
Tryouts are open at Fanatics! Our team is passionate, talented, unified, and charged with creating the fan experience of tomorrow. The ball is in your court now.