Platforms Engineer III
About the Job
Fanatics is looking for a Senior Platforms Engineer to develop and maintain a big data platforms that is highly reliable, scalable, and will serve as the backbone for Fanatics.
• Design, develop, test, and deploy platform components
• Deliver secure, reliable, and high-performance infrastructure and APIs
• Work with our infrastructure engineering team to minimize the operational overhead of production systems you deploy
• Come up with new ideas to streamline existing architecture and provide newer capabilities
• Work with partner engineering to see how new features on these big data platforms can ease their pain points and improve their productivity
• Good understanding of Java, Scala and Python
• Experience with platforms like Kafka, Elasticsearch, Prometheus + Cortex or similar stacks is a big plus
• In depth knowledge of OOP
• Expertise in Golang or other backend languages
• 8+ years of engineering experience
• Experience in designing and developing large-scale distributed systems
• Deep understanding of architectural patterns of large, mission-critical production services
• You take a rigorous approach to test driven development and have worked in continuous integration/deployment environments.
• Bonus: Experience with AWS or other cloud platforms
Tryouts are open at Fanatics! Our team is passionate, talented, unified, and charged with creating the fan experience of tomorrow. The ball is in your court now.
Ensure your Fanatics job offer is legitimate and don't fall victim to fraud. Fanatics never seeks payment from job applicants. Fanatics recruiters will only reach out to applicants from an @fanatics.com or @fanatics.co.uk email address. For added security, where possible, apply through our company website at www.fanaticsinc.com/careers