Industrial Eng Intern - (July 2021
About the Job
Lead Engineering and Continuous Improvement activities that drive results in Cost, Quality, Safety, and Delivery. Recommend and implement ways to improve efficiency / eliminate waste and increase customer satisfaction.
• Facilitate and Drive Kaizen Events tied to Key Performance Indicators
• Work with operations on the creation, implementation, and sustainment of standardized work as a lean tool.
• Conduct studies and propose improvements to the overall process flow and spatial utilization based on Lean Manufacturing principles.
• Work with Supervisors and Team Leads in problem solving techniques.
• Optimize Overall Lead Time of the Value Stream (Click to Porch).
• Act as a cultural change agent to drive Continuous Improvement throughout the organization.
• Engage regularly with Operations staff on status of current projects as well as prioritization of new developments.
• Evaluate ergonomics within the operations.
• Utilize AutoCAD to develop facility layout drawings of production and support areas.
• Ensure the appropriate methodology, measurements, tools, and quantitative techniques (e.g. data collection, simulation, statistics, process flow analysis, etc.) are applied in projects as appropriate.
• Communicate and collaborate with multiple levels of the organization on cross functional activities and report out barriers, solutions, findings, and action items to drive projects to completion.
• This position must have the ability to influence others across functional disciplines.
• Enrolled in a current engineering academic program
• Ability to prepare and complete action plans, resolve problems, identify trends, and determine system improvements.
• Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality and ethical standards.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw conclusions.
• Ability to prioritize and coordinate multiple work activities to meet critical deadlines.
• Ability to coordinate activities and work with people at all levels of the organization.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently with off-site supervision
• Ability to walk and/or stand for long periods of time.
• Ability to lift +50lbs.
• Experience in Logistics, Distribution Centers, and E-Commerce
• Working knowledge of lean principles and problem-solving methods.
• Proficient in Standard Microsoft Applications.
• Currently enrolled in an accredited university obtaining a bachelor's degree with at least one year completed and looking for a co-operative work experience to enhance education and apply learnings.
• Concentration in Industrial, Mechanical, or Electrical Engineering.
• Preferred 3.2 GPA+
• Schedule: Monday - Friday 8am - 5pm
Tryouts are open at Fanatics! Our team is passionate, talented, unified, and charged with creating the fan experience of tomorrow. The ball is in your court now.