Audit Director - Finance
About the Job
At Fanatics, we're a diverse, passionate group of employees aiming to ignite pride and passion in the fans we outfit, celebrate and support. We recognize that diversity helps drive and foster innovation, and through our IDEA program (inclusion, diversity, equality and advocacy) at Fanatics we provide employees with tools and resources to feel connected and engaged in who they are and what they do to support the ultimate fan experience.
Fanatics Corporate Audit and Risk Management is positioned as a collaborative risk partner to provide independent assurance and proactive advisory engagements. Each of these efforts is designed to provide unique risks insights and recommendations for improving the organization's control environment in support of Fanatics strategic plan.
The Audit Director - Finance is responsible for executing the audit plan with a primary focus on risks related to the effective management of financial risks (planning, controlling, tax, treasury, etc.) facing Fanatics. The Director will establish and maintain strong professional relationships with Finance leaders to fully understand the organizational risk profile. Executing the audit plan will require the ability to evaluate, test, and report the results of each audit to provide insightful suggestions for improving the organization's internal control environment. The Director will also collaborate with other risk, control, and compliance functions to ensure strategic alignment.
- Establish high quality relationships with Finance leaders to understand key risks and provide risk insights as a result of completed assurance and advisory engagements
- Complete periodic risk assessments to drive the quarterly audit plans, specifically for Finance activities
- Execute audit projects and lead co-source partners to execute audit projects according to Corporate Audit handbook and IIA professional standards
- Communicate results of assurance and advisory engagements to key stakeholders, executive leadership, and the Audit and Finance Committee
- Partner with risk champions and risk leaders to evaluate strategic enterprise risks and complete periodic reporting
- Assist in the development of department standards, templates, and reporting models to fulfill Corporate Audit charter
- Recruit, hire, and mentor audit team members to fulfill the Corporate Audit charter
- Represent Corporate Audit in cross-functional initiatives with a focus on improving the control environment and risk decision making
- Represents Corporate Audit effectively in communications with regulatory agencies, clients, etc.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or the equivalent combination of Education, training, and work experience (typically a minimum of 10 years)
- Internal Audit certification such as CIA, or CPA required
- Ability to see projects through to completion on a timely basis without compromising audit standards or quality
- Requires a strong business acumen with ability to translate risk concepts into practical application giving due consideration to business context and prudent management principles
- Ability to assimilate information quickly and identify risk for further analysis; proactive in communicating new/emerging risks encountered to the VP Corporate Audit and Risk Management, as well as the assigned Finance leader responsible for the risks
- Possesses a strong foundation in financial planning, controlling, and reporting
- Requires excellent skills in communicating ideas both verbally and in written form in a clear, concise and professional manner and is candid and forthright in communicating issues, concerns, and audit activities to all levels of management
- Demonstrates high degree of responsibility in balancing multiple commitments, handling competing priorities yet effectively meeting deadlines and commitments to stakeholders
- Ability to facilitate sensitive investigations with attention to detail and a sense of urgency
Tryouts are open at Fanatics! Our team is passionate, talented, unified, and charged with creating the fan experience of tomorrow. The ball is in your court now.
Ensure your Fanatics job offer is legitimate and don't fall victim to fraud. Fanatics never seeks payment from job applicants. Fanatics recruiters will only reach out to applicants from an @fanatics.com or @fanatics.co.uk email address. For added security, where possible, apply through our company website at www.fanaticsinc.com/careers