Assoc General Counsel, Global Direct to Consumer
About the Job
At Fanatics, we're a diverse, passionate group of employees aiming to ignite pride and passion in the fans we outfit, celebrate and support. We recognize that diversity helps drive and foster innovation, and through our IDEA program (inclusion, diversity, equality and advocacy) at Fanatics we provide employees with tools and resources to feel connected and engaged in who they are and what they do to support the ultimate fan experience.
Reporting to the Company's General Counsel, this role will serve as the primary legal resource for Fanatics' Global Direct to Consumer (DTC) division. This division is comprised of Fanatics' e-commerce, in-venue retail and special events businesses. These teams operate more than 300 online and offline stores including the e-commerce business for all major professional sports leagues (NFL, MLB, NHL, NASCAR, MLS, PGA) and more than 200 collegiate and professional team properties.
Competitive compensation package offered.
Location: Remote initially; role to eventually be based in the Company's offices in Conshohocken, PA, Atlanta, GA or Jacksonville, FL. Frequent travel may eventually be required.
- Provide legal support to the Fanatics' Global DTC business on all types of legal matters including:
- Day-to-day counseling and advice on a broad range of matters
- Drafting and negotiating contracts
- Handling certain compliance-related matters, including drafting and implementing policies and training
- Serve as a trusted business partner and creative problem-solver
- Interpret and advise with respect to rights and obligations under Fanatics' agreements
- Manage/oversee the handling of any disputes, conflicts and/or litigation that may arise from time to time with respect to the Company's partnerships and commercial agreements
- Collaborate with other members of the Global Legal Team, and oversee/leverage outside counsel, as needed
Skills you bring to the table:
- Be a self-starter with a strong work ethic, capable of taking ownership of projects/matters
- A strong desire to assume a wide variety of responsibilities, be flexible and grow with the Company
- Possess the ability to work on several projects at once while balancing competing objectives
- Produce high-quality work product in a timely manner to meet demands of the Company
- Be confident and have strong interpersonal skills
- Work well both independently and as a team player
- Be a creative thinker who can initiate and develop alternative approaches to complex issues; and
- A strong sense of integrity
- Juris Doctorate from an ABA-accredited law school and licensed to practice in at least one of the United States
- 10+ years of experience working on a wide range of commercial transactions
- Preferred but not required experiences: In-house; M&A; and retail.
Ensure your Fanatics job offer is legitimate and don't fall victim to fraud. Fanatics never seeks payment from job applicants. Fanatics recruiters will only reach out to applicants from an @fanatics.com or @fanatics.co.uk email address. For added security, where possible, apply through our company website at www.fanaticsinc.com/careers
Tryouts are open at Fanatics! Our team is passionate, talented, unified, and charged with creating the fan experience of tomorrow. The ball is in your court now.
Fanatics is committed to responsible planning and purchasing (RPP) practices, working with its business partners across its global and multi-layered supply chain, to ensure that planning, sourcing, and purchasing decisions, along with other supporting processes, do not impede or conflict with the fulfillment of Fanatics' fair labor practices.