About the Job
We are seeking a dynamic, energetic, hard-working individual with the ability to think creatively, be proactive and make clear, well-reasoned decisions. We seek people with drive, passion and humility who can thrive in an entrepreneurial fast pace culture. We are looking for individuals that will go above and beyond to contribute to the success of this world class organization. He/she must also be able to work collaboratively as a team and be a self-starter, keeping your finger on the pulse of the sports world, monitoring selling of teams and merchandise, working with world class vendors - such as Nike/Adidas/Under Armour/ Majestic, and driving overall top and bottom line results. The Assistant Buyer position is our entry level merchandise role with a clearly defined and proven path to a Buyer through development/growth as a key executive in the company.
• Monitor the sports world on a daily basis. The performance of leagues, teams, and players directly impact the merchandise buying decisions.
• Assist in creating Industry Leading Product Assortments for all leagues and all categories.
• Work with the management team to interpret data sets to assist with key business decisions
• Develop and maintain strong vendor relationships. Research and resolve vendor issues.
• Collaborate with other buying/planning teams for assistance with hot market and major sporting events
• Work collaboratively with advertising staff and allocation team to ensure that all ad orders are properly allocated
• Prepare, organize and run the creation of new products.
• Work on special projects as assigned by Buyer and or Merchandise Manager
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
• Proactive, energetic, hard-working, intellectually curious and results-oriented
• Team player who can work effectively in a fast paced environment • Solid negotiation skills and highly developed problem solving skills required
• Comfort working with all employee levels - from executives to the warehouse associates
• Demonstrate a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Excel products
• A passion in sports! We are the brand of the fan
• Graduate with a Bachelor's Degree in Business Management, Sports Management, Fashion Merchandising, or other related field from an accredited 4-year college or university
• A minimum of 3.0 GPA Dimensions
Tryouts are open at Fanatics! Our team is passionate, talented, unified, and charged with creating the fan experience of tomorrow. The ball is in your court now.
Ensure your Fanatics job offer is legitimate and don't fall victim to fraud. Fanatics never seeks payment from job applicants. Fanatics recruiters will only reach out to applicants from an @fanatics.com or @fanatics.co.uk email address. For added security, where possible, apply through our company website at www.fanaticsinc.com/careers