About the Job
TechStyle Fashion Group is currently looking for a Technical Designer (Shapewear) - Fabletics.
How Do You Fit In?
As a Technical Designer - Fabletics, you will analyze and size women's garments for shapewear to fine-tune and prepare garments for production. The Technical Designer will sit in on all fittings, participate in garment construction, and design a heavy volume of tech packs. You will join an extremely fast-paced team of passionate and energetic creatives, working towards significant expansion for 2020. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with an entrepreneurial mind who understands the brand aesthetic and price point of Fabletics.
This position will report to the Director, Technical Design - Fabletics.
- Assembly of tech packs
- Develop technical specifications including measurement specs, grading and construction details
- Will work closely with designers and production team as well as import and domestic vendors
- Attend fit sessions
- Facilitate the transition of apparel styles from design concept / first prototype to a final, production-ready sample
- Analyze garments to determine compliance of spec, construction, and fit intent sizing and pre-production packages for women's garments
- Make sure all samples are coming in in a timely manner according to design calendar
- Facilitate technical drawings and renderings for design on Adobe Illustrator
- 5+ years of experience in Technical Design
- Previous experience with women's shapewear
- Previous experience in women's lingerie and/or plus size apparel is a plus
- Ability to motivate team and build structure
- Solid understanding of the marketplace and competitive set
- Exceptional knowledge of garment construction, fit, and finishing
- Excellent eye for fit, construction, wash and detail
- Excellent communication skills - verbal, written and presentation
- Ability to multi-task and work in fast-paced environment under pressure
- Team player with a positive attitude
TechStyle is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, compensate, develop, and promote regardless of race, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable. At TechStyle, we champion a vibrant workplace culture that thrives on diversity law and do not tolerate discrimination or harassment. We are one team from many backgrounds, innovating through diversity of individuals, who are driven by passion for creating an inclusive space for all. TechStyle will continue to champion a workplace culture that prizes diversity and inclusivity.
We encourage you to apply regardless of meeting all qualifications and/or requirements.