Designer - Men
About the Job
TechStyle Fashion Group is currently looking for a Designer - Fabletics Men.
How Do You Fit In?
The Men's Designer will work with the Fabletics Design team to initiate concepts each season that are reflective of the creative vision, are trend and insight driven, and always with a functional and performance lens, paired to the Fabletics aesthetic. You will be a part of a dynamic, creative environment where you will collaborate with talented designers and cross-functional partners in the business.The ideal candidate will be an efficient self-starter and team player with an entrepreneurial mind and strategic vision who is hungry for growth.
This position will report to Vice President of Design - Fabletics.
- Knowledge and insight on emerging performance and activewear trends, including trends relating to silhouettes, technologies, fabrics and functional details
- Contribute to the brand's overall vision through research, development and creation of seasonal inspiration and mood, color and trim boards
- Create and present clear and impactful concepts and ideas to leadership and cross-functional teams, driving alignment on vision and seasonal direction
- Create designs that support brand's vision, line plans, assortment strategies, price points that are consistent with current market trends and monthly direction
- Create design flats, tech packs and BOMs for overseas manufacturers with detail and accuracy
- Partner with Product Developers, Tech Design and Merchandising throughout all stages of development including tech packs, fit, costing and production, adhering to global calendar deadlines.
- Proactively communicate with all cross-functional teams with pertinent changes and updates where necessary
- Lead and coach junior designers helping to grow their knowledge and skill sets with an effective workflow and time management to achieve deadlines
- 4-5+ years previous experience designing Activewear/Performance apparel
- Proven track record of identifying trends and delivering results
- Expert understanding of the marketplace and competition
- Extensive knowledge of garment construction including fit and finish
- Excellent interpersonal, communication skills with the ability to interact with a diverse group at all levels
- Ability to be creative while working with a constant sense of urgency in a fast-paced
- Entrepreneurial go-getter, highly motivated self-starter with the ability to troubleshoot and be resourceful to solve problems
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite