About the Job
EXOS is a leader in the field of human performance, a category it created more than 20 years ago. Today, EXOS employs more than 4,500 people in over 600 locations worldwide. With award-winning facilities, sports medicine clinics, technology, and services, EXOS connects people to the solutions they need and provides comprehensive game plans, regardless of skill and sport, based on time-tested fundamentals and research in order to help people take control of their health and performance. At EXOS, we have a passion for performance through continuous self improvement. This persona is inspired by helping others in all of our EXOS Communities improve their personal performance. Our dedication to promoting diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion is more than a commitment at EXOS - it's the foundation of every great performance team. We are fully focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different. EXOS is trusted by hundreds of clients including leaders in business, health care, community organizations, and world champions in sports.
We're looking to add a Performance Specialist to our team! As a Performance Specialist your primary duties will be:
- Instructing, motivating, and assisting clients in a safe, legal, moral, ethical manner to achieve their goals.
- Conducting on-site assessments of clients' health utilizing our proprietary evaluation protocols.
- Updating training plans and/or re-evaluating clients as needed to ensure optimal outcomes.
- Maintaining constant communication with clients to ensure goals are being met.
- Partnering with the employer to conduct various client engagement and educational activities and events, such as lunch & learns, information fairs, campus activities, etc.
- Presenting EXOS methodology through EXOS education programs.
- Reporting various metrics to operations, such as attendance, engagement, outreach efforts, and activity level.
- Participating in program planning and development, as well as design and/or carry out related research.
- Leading and/or participating in staff education covering all aspects of EXOS methodology.
- Perform all aspects of position held in a professional manner.
- Follow established policies and procedures of the company.
- Maintain professional credentials as required including attending necessary continuing education courses.
- Some travel may be required.
The Ideal Candidate will have:
- Minimum of two years of personal training/strength coaching experience or completion of EXOS Performance Specialist Internship
- BA/BS Kinesiology or Sports Science or related degree
- Currently hold industry certification, preferably NSCA-CSCS or NASM
- Ability to exercise judgment and discretion in the development of exercise prescription
- Master's Degree in Kinesiology, Sports Science, Rehabilitation or related field.
- Excellent presentation skills in both small and large group settings
- Strong customer service skills where servicing the "client" is top priority
- Energy and passion for helping others achieve their personal goals
- Must be able to work independently with little daily supervision
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Experience teaching group fitness classes with emphasis on helping improve technique and ability
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite or related products
Candidates applying for this position should be able to lift up to 50 pounds unassisted repeatedly throughout the workday. Also, the physical requirements of this job require frequent walking around and demonstrating and assisting with exercise movements; bending, stretching, lifting, pushing, pulling and squatting are movements performed daily
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us !
We are an equal opportunity employer
EXOS is proud to be an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, creed, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected under local, state, or federal laws. EXOS provides reasonable accommodation to employees and applicants for employment who have disabilities. You may request reasonable accommodation, in writing, by reaching out to our People Operations department at:
Attention: People Operations, Accommodations
2629 E. Rose Garden Ln.
Phoenix, AZ 85050
Learn more here:
- EEO is the Law
- EEO is the Law Supplement