About the Job
EXOS is a leader in the field of human performance, a category it created more than 20 years ago. Today, EXOS employs more than 4,500 people in over 600 locations worldwide. With award-winning facilities, sports medicine clinics, technology, and services, EXOS connects people to the solutions they need and provides comprehensive game plans, regardless of skill and sport, based on time-tested fundamentals and research in order to help people take control of their health and performance. At EXOS, we have a passion for performance through continuous self improvement. This persona is inspired by helping others in all of our EXOS Communities improve their personal performance. Our dedication to promoting diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion is more than a commitment at EXOS - it's the foundation of every great performance team. We are fully focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different. EXOS is trusted by hundreds of clients including leaders in business, health care, community organizations, and world champions in sports.
We're seeking a Fitness Manager to join our team. As our new Fitness Manager you will:
- Establish and maintain a solid client relationship.
- Develop annual strategic plans and attain short and long term program goals.
- Manage the budget and reporting.
- Hire, train and supervise full and part-time staff; develop staff, and manage performance.
- Successfully manage personal training and group exercise programs and departments.
- Provide mentorship to college interns.
- Develop, deliver, and evaluate health promotion, incentive, and other specialty programs.
- Perform fitness assessments, determine exercise prescriptions, and conduct first workouts for a diverse population, including high-risk exercise participants.
- Supervise and monitor the exercise floor.
- Provide administrative support to members, including membership enrollments, terminations, and general inquiries.
- Other duties as assigned.
The Ideal Candidate would have:
- A minimum of 2 years of management experience overseeing a large staff in hospitality/fitness industry
- A Bachelor's Degree in Exercise Related Field (Kinesiology, Exercise Science, etc.)
- A current nationally recognized accredited personal training certification
- An outgoing personality and excellent communication skills
- A current CPR/AED certification or the ability and willingness to obtain certifications prior to hire.
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us !
We are an equal opportunity employer
EXOS is proud to be an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, creed, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected under local, state, or federal laws. EXOS provides reasonable accommodation to employees and applicants for employment who have disabilities. You may request reasonable accommodation, in writing, by reaching out to our People Operations department at:
Attention: People Operations, Accommodations
2629 E. Rose Garden Ln.
Phoenix, AZ 85050
Learn more here:
- EEO is the Law
- EEO is the Law Supplement