Product Marketing Manager, Loyalty
About the Job
Epsilon is the leader in outcome-based marketing. We enable marketing that’s built on proof, not promises. Through Epsilon PeopleCloud, the marketing platform for personalizing consumer journeys with performance transparency, Epsilon helps marketers anticipate, activate and prove measurable business outcomes. Powered by CORE ID®, the most accurate and stable identity management platform representing 200+ million people, Epsilon’s award-winning data and technology is rooted in privacy by design and underpinned by powerful AI. With more than 50 years of experience in personalization and performance working with the world’s top brands, agencies and publishers, Epsilon is a trusted partner leading CRM, digital media, loyalty and email programs. Positioned at the core of Publicis Groupe, Epsilon is a global company with over 8,000 employees in over 40 offices around the world. For more information, visit epsilon.com. Follow us on Twitter at @EpsilonMktg.
The Product Marketing Manager, Loyalty will serve as a key player in building outside-in messaging and marketing strategies that will differentiate and drive awareness for Epsilon PeopleCloud Loyalty in the market.
This position is responsible for defining, delivering, and adjusting product marketing launches and plans that combine an in-depth understanding of the product line and its target market. This position will interact with Product Management and Sales to ensure that all product positioning and marketing strategies are aligned with solution growth goals.
The candidate must have a proven ability to develop strategic go-to-market plans, story-based positioning and value propositions, sales and marketing content, thought leadership, and sales training materials. You will be working in a collaborative environment developing top-tier messaging to our prospect and clients.
We’re looking for someone with inspiring, innovative ideas and the ingenuity to bring those ideas to life for data-driven solutions.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
· Serve as the strategic partner with Loyalty Business, Product, Sales, and Marketing counterparts to define and execute go-to-market plans
· Plan and execute product launches
· Act as the domain expert and thought leader for Epsilon PeopleCloud Loyalty
· Promote fresh market messaging that stresses our differentiated capabilities
· Manage efforts on marketing and sales content throughout the sales lifecycle, including presentations, one-sheets, case studies, FAQs, data or feature/benefit sheets, infographics, thought leadership content, client communications, social media updates, and web content.
· Guide product positioning training and materials for the Sales team and Account Managers, including standardized sales presentations, competitive battlecards, scripts, etc.
· Develop annual marketing plans through collaboration with marketing leadership, product management, and business stakeholders
· Help establish and maintain consistent messaging strategies and brand identity throughout our Web presence, solution content, promotional materials, demand generation, and events
· Create and manage marketing creative requests within Workfront, our marketing project management tool.
· Bachelor’s Degree from a 4-year college or university. MBA a plus
· 5-7 years of experience; strong product marketing and/or product management
· Experience working with SaaS, data-based, or Adtech / Martech solutions. Experience in Loyalty a plus
· Knowledgeable in translating go-to-market strategies into succinct marketing plans
· Experience managing product launches for technology companies
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to work with and present to all levels and functions of the organization
· Proven record of translating and articulating complex concepts into simple and clear messages
· An engaging, outgoing personal style-enjoy working on a team and supporting a talented, fun group of marketing professionals
· Ability to manage projects with remote contributors and stakeholders efficiently and effectively
· Creative, resourceful, self-starter who is results-oriented and a collaborative team player
· Highly organized with good follow through capabilities
· Tenacious, energetic, curious, and willing to fail fast. Ability to be flexible and multi-task
Great People, Deserve Great Benefits
We know that we have some of the brightest and most talented associates in the world, and we believe in rewarding them accordingly. If you work here, expect competitive pay, comprehensive health coverage, and endless opportunities to advance your career.
Epsilon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Epsilon’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on actual or perceived race, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy), marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, religion, creed, color, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Epsilon also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Epsilon will provide accommodations to applicants needing accommodations to complete the application process.
For San Francisco Bay and Los Angeles Areas: Epsilon will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901-4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Applicants with criminal histories are welcome to apply.