Business Systems Analyst 1
About the Job
Epsilon is the leader in outcome-based marketing. We enable marketing that’s built on proof, not promises. Through Epsilon PeopleCloud, the marketing platform for personalizing consumer journeys with performance transparency, Epsilon helps marketers anticipate, activate and prove measurable business outcomes. Powered by CORE ID®, the most accurate and stable identity management platform representing 200+ million people, Epsilon’s award-winning data and technology is rooted in privacy by design and underpinned by powerful AI. With more than 50 years of experience in personalization and performance working with the world’s top brands, agencies and publishers, Epsilon is a trusted partner leading CRM, digital media, loyalty and email programs. Positioned at the core of Publicis Groupe, Epsilon is a global company with over 8,000 employees in over 40 offices around the world. For more information, visit epsilon.com. Follow us on Twitter at @EpsilonMktg.
The Business Systems Analyst 1 role is to collect information from different sources, analyze and compare it, and use findings from these activities to establish requirements for a project or descriptions for a process. In addition, the Business Systems Analyst 1 supports the client, account team, program/product managers, development manager and leads, and QA personnel as needed to ensure correct interpretation and utilization of requirements and process documentation. A Business Systems Analyst 1 may also be known as a requirements analyst, systems analyst, analyst, or technical writer.
- Analyzes complex business problems to be solved with automated systems.
- Provides technical expertise in identifying, evaluating and developing systems, processes and procedures that are cost effective and meet user requirements.
- Develops and documents system specifications that are aligned to, and based on, business requirements.
- Configures system settings and options.
- Executes quality assurance, functional and end to end testing; Coordinates and facilitates user acceptance testing with the end user.
- Works with developers, system architects and senior BSAs to design and document the details of automated systems and processes.
- Provides details to developers regarding what should be included in the software, application, or product to ensure it is included for client roll-out/implementation.
- May provide consultation to users in the area of automated systems.
- May lead cross-functional linked teams to address business or systems issues.
- May be internal or external, client-focused, working in conjunction with Professional Services and outsourcing functions.
- May include company-wide, web-enabled solutions and databases.
- Provides production support for solutions that are in production.
- Able to assess a situation, receive input from stakeholders, and select a course of action.
- Able to clearly communicate and articulate, both written and verbally, detailed specifications (e.g., project requirements, requested changes, and testing results).
- Able to develop and maintain relationships within the organization and/or with external partners and understand the unique needs of each partnership.
- Able to document information effectively through databases, knowledge warehouses, and other shared space.
- Able to properly interpret customer needs and translate into understandable written requirements.
- Able to develop and document test plans and test cases.
- Able to understand and support well-reasoned recommendations and decisions to support the business and project teams.