Agile Project Manager
About the Job
Epsilon is the leader in outcome-based marketing. We enable marketing that’s built on proof, not promises. Through Epsilon PeopleCloud, the marketing platform for personalizing consumer journeys with performance transparency, Epsilon helps marketers anticipate, activate and prove measurable business outcomes. Powered by CORE ID®, the most accurate and stable identity management platform representing 200+ million people, Epsilon’s award-winning data and technology is rooted in privacy by design and underpinned by powerful AI. With more than 50 years of experience in personalization and performance working with the world’s top brands, agencies and publishers, Epsilon is a trusted partner leading CRM, digital media, loyalty and email programs. Positioned at the core of Publicis Groupe, Epsilon is a global company with over 8,000 employees in over 40 offices around the world. For more information, visit epsilon.com. Follow us on Twitter at @EpsilonMktg.
Epsilon Automotive is seeking an experienced Agile Project Manager with a servant-leader mindset that can take our product development teams to the next level in adoption of Agile and Scrum practices. The ideal candidate will bring previous experiences, good practices, and a collaborative attitude to help drive revenue growth and increased effectiveness in value and quality of software we create. The Agile Project Manager will work across the Automotive Delivery team to foster a continuous improvement mindset including proposing and facilitating changes to help improve the use of agile methodologies to deliver software enhancements to our customers. Our new Agile Project Manager must be able to excel in an ambiguous environment and be hungry and poised to drive change within the organization.
The successful candidate will manage multiple cross-functional teams in planning, execution and delivery of initiatives in an Agile environment with Scrum to align schedules, improve communications, identify and remove impediments, and manage risks. Proactively drive the full software development life cycle from inception through post-production utilizing a high level of knowledge and experience in blending traditional project management principles and practices with an Agile approach to fit large and complex projects. A solid technical background, keen analytical skills, proficiency at written communication, as well as interpersonal and organizational skills are required. The candidate will report to the Automotive Project Management Office (PMO) and have functions, such as but not limited to, portfolio and tools management, process documentations, project metrics and reporting.
- Support Program and Product Managers with management of project scope and deliverables and the inflow of new projects from inception to implementation.
- Establish project plans and monitor progress and mitigation strategies to effectively execute projects using tools, such as burndown and velocity charts, project progress reports, and Sprint Reviews.
- Manage customer expectations and stakeholder communications by ensuring transparency and visibility of project progress, risks and impediments.
- Organize and facilitate working sessions across scrum teams, such as Initiative refinement, dependency and user story mapping, and release planning.
- Calculate team velocity to help determine and manage release timelines.
- Coordinate internal demos, client UATs, PHQ, dealer and client trainings and track Production releases
- Manage projects in TFS and Confluence and provide process and tools training to team members as needed.
- Champion ongoing process improvement initiatives to implement best practices for Agile Project Management.
- Promote empowerment of the team, ensure that each team member is fully engaged in the project and making a meaningful contribution, and encourage a sustainable pace with high-level quality for the team.
- Above all else, foster and model a collaborative team environment driven to build great software while having fun.
- 3+ years of experience as an Agile Project Manager / Scrum Master required
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) preferred
- Proven leadership, motivation and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills with an ability to manage competing demands
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of business needs with the ability to establish/maintain high level of customer trust and confidence
- Proven ability to lead software development projects and ensure objectives, goals, and commitments are met
- Excellent oral and written communications skills and experience interacting with both business and IT individuals at all levels including the executive level
- Creative approach to problem-solving with the ability to focus on details while maintaining the “big picture” view
- Sufficient level of technical background to provide highly-credible leadership to development teams and to be able to accurately and objectively evaluate complex project risks and issues
- Experience using Agile performance metrics to drive accountability and continuous improvement
- Can maintain a high level of energy and engagement
- A love to learn and improve as a Servant Leader, always looking to bring something new and helpful to the team
Knowledge & Experience:
- Understanding of software development life cycle, Agile, Scrum framework, best practices, and trends required.
- Experience with Agile development processes like Scrum, Kanban, XP preferred.
- Familiarity with multi-team agile frameworks such as SAFe, or LeSS preferred.
- Experience working as a scrum master or agile coach/project manager required.
- Solid understanding of and demonstrated experience in using TFS, Confluence, Slack, MS Teams, Microsoft Project, Visio, and all Office Tools.
- Automotive industry knowledge preferred
Great People, Deserve Great Benefits
We know that we have some of the brightest and most talented associates in the world, and we believe in rewarding them accordingly. If you work here, expect competitive pay, comprehensive health coverage, and endless opportunities to advance your career.
Epsilon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Epsilon’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on actual or perceived race, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy), marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, religion, creed, color, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Epsilon also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Epsilon will provide accommodations to applicants needing accommodations to complete the application process.