About the Job
What makes us Epic?
At the core of Epic's success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it's building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we're always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We're constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic.
What we do
Houseparty is a face-to-face social network. We bring empathy to online communication. Centered around live video chat, our application brings people together with just one tap. Social interactions are incredibly diverse in nature, and we're building a virtual space that works for all of them. By doing so, we empower people to have meaningful conversations online, build relationships, and have fun togeth
What you'll do
Epic Games is looking for a UX Designer to join our Houseparty team. In this position, you will have a role in designing features and UI screens by generating wireframes, documentation, and prototypes. You will then work with engineers and artists to ship these features to millions of users. The ideal candidate would have expertise in user-centered design, an understanding of effective social-oriented systems, and experience in game or mobile UX/UI design.
In this role, you will
- Translate goals and constraints into compelling user-facing features
- Creating wireframes, interactive prototypes, and documentation that clearly convey ideas
- Present and pitch designs to product managers and developers
- Work alongside engineers, artists, and UX researchers to develop features
- Create shared experiences, from games to streaming, that focus on creating an experience around people video chatting together
What we're looking for
- Expert ability to create wireframes and prototypes
- Successfully designed UI/UX features that were implemented into a mobile title, preferably a top 100 title.
- Skilled in Sketch, along with Figma or other prototyping and mockup tools
- Familiar with Photoshop/Illustrator or other art tools
- Strong knowledge of UX design processes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to see features through to completion and rapidly modify design as information changes
- You're user-focused, passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do
Nice to have skills
- 3+ years of real world experience in a tech, social, or mobile environment highly preferred
- Demonstrated ability to implement UI widgets and features in a game engine
- Understands the principles of game system design
Please submit your resume with a portfolio and we'll be in touch soon.
Epic Games spans across 12 countries with 32 studios and 1,800+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we've been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic's award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Epic Job + Epic Benefits = Epic Life
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay for 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. We offer coverage for Medical, Dental, Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, AD&D and Life Insurance, 401k.
All Epic employees enjoy drinks, snacks, and lunches every day, free of charge - and we offer plenty of annual celebrations for employees and family members to show the love for our people. Additionally, each year, we celebrate the Epic family with company-wide paid breaks, generous paid time off, and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical - we think our people are pretty awesome!