Technical Animator (MetaHuman)
About the Job
What makes us Epic?
At the core of Epic's success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it's building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we're always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We're constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
Art at Epic
What we do
Push your artistic talent to the limit on a team of world-class environment, character and concept artists who strive to innovate and inspire.
What you'll do
Reporting to MetaHuman project leadership, you will oversee and work on the amalgamation of all 3Lateral, Cubic Motion and Epic content creation pipelines, including content review processes. Also, you will wrangle pipeline issues around new hardware and software we need to embed in the pipeline.
In this role you will
- Identify and solve complex, systematic problems or inefficiencies in the MetaHuman content creation process, plug-ins, pipeline and overall workflow development.
- Gather requirements across large collaboration efforts that span multiple Epic studios and/or disciplines.
- Maintain and support MetaHuman tools and fine-tune as needed
- Oversee or task a small team depending on amount of work and cross site reporting
What we're looking for
- 4+ years of experience in VFX, games or similar development environment
- Maya and Python scripting knowledge is required
- Experience with rigging, animation and creature FX is required
- Maya API, Shotgun and 3D experience is preferred
- Someone who is user-focused, passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do.
Epic Job + Epic Benefits = Epic Life
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay for 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. We offer coverage for Medical, Dental, Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, AD&D and Life Insurance, 401k.
All Epic employees enjoy drinks, snacks, and lunches every day, free of charge - and we offer plenty of annual celebrations for employees and family members to show the love we have for our people. Additionally, each year, we celebrate the Epic family with company-wide paid breaks, generous paid time off, and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical - we think our people are pretty awesome!
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverseteams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policyhere.