Sr Technical Animator
About the Job
What makes us Epic?
At the core of Epic's success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it's building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we're always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We're constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
Art at Epic
What we do
Push your artistic talent to the limit on a team of world-class environment, character and concept artists who strive to innovate and inspire.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic.
What you'll do
Epic Games is searching for a Senior Technical Animators, with a passion for expressive character movement to join our team working on Fortnite. In this talented team of veteran and emerging artists you'll collaborate across teams, and contribute directly to Fortnite and other Epic projects. Joining this team means you're motivated to seek solutions to problems and work with other artists to make positive changes to models, movements, and tools. The heart of this role is rigging and skinning Epic's never-ending line of awesome creations, each with their own set of challenges.
In this role, you will
- Rigging characters, assets and vehicles
- Setting up assets in Unreal Engine 4; including cloth, physics, blueprints
- Working closely with modelers and animators to ensure a smooth development pipeline that delivers high quality assets
- Assisting with pipeline tools and working with engine and project leads on continuous improvement of those engine tools
What we're looking for
- Extensive experience rigging characters in Maya
- A portfolio demonstrating rigging for a range of characters, bipeds, and beasts, both body and faces
- Attention to aesthetic detail, especially with regards to character deformation and physics movement
- Familiarity with the Unreal Engine 4 art pipeline
- Positive individual with strong written communication and teamwork skills
- Exceptional problem-solver
- Python programming a plus
- You're user-focused, passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do.
Epic Games spans across 12 countries with 32 studios and 1,800+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we've been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic's award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Epic Job + Epic Benefits = Epic Life
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay for 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. We offer coverage for Medical, Dental, Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, AD&D and Life Insurance, 401k.
All Epic employees enjoy drinks, snacks, and lunches every day, free of charge - and we offer plenty of annual celebrations for employees and family members to show the love for our people. Additionally, each year, we celebrate the Epic family with company-wide paid breaks, generous paid time off, and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical - we think our people are pretty awesome!
Epic Games deeply values diverseteams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policyhere.