Sr Backend Engineer
About the Job
Senior Backend Engineer
Epic Games is seeking a senior backend engineer to join our online game services team.
We empower developers to make great games and helping players to safely and easily enjoy them.
As a member of the online game services team, you will help to build commerce systems that integrate with multiple platforms -- PC, all consoles as well as mobile. These systems enable store and purchasing features in Fortnite and other games; virtual currency, subscriptions, and in-game items to name a few.
We also have several other major initiatives under development. These include game services for our internal games (such as Fortnite), game services exposed via SDK for external development teams worldwide, identity services like authentication, authorization, and account management, social services such as social graph and user interactions, and core internal services like shared libraries and frameworks.
We are looking for passionate engineers excited about solving impactful technical problems; we look for people who can assess a challenge, craft a well architected solution, and run with implementation.
If these challenges sound exciting, we would love to talk.
- Experience developing scalable backend web services (we use Java, Scala)
- Experience with developing & maintaining a live service; the ability to monitor, troubleshoot, and diagnose issues
- Experience with non-relational databases (we use Mongo, Dynamo, Redis)
- Experience integrating with ecommerce systems
- Nice to have: Game or mobile application development experience
- Nice to have: Experience with integrating external services and APIs and common auth models
This is going to be Epic!