Software Engineer (MetaHuman)
About the Job
Meet the MetaHuman Team, and take a look at the MetaHuman Creator, here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3F1vZYpH8c&t=10s
What makes us Epic?
At the core of Epic's success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it's building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we're always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We're constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
Engineering at Epic
What we do
Unreal-powered projects have been on the bleeding edge of real-time entertainment for over 20 years. Our team of engineering experts are always innovating to improve the tools and technology that empower content developers worldwide.
What you'll do
We're looking for a Software Engineer to join the MetaHuman Creator team to work on how advanced, custom characters function within a game (or similar real-time environment). This includes how MetaHumans are constructed, animated, rendered, and driven by gameplay code. You will work with our art, animation, tools and research teams, to expose complex systems in a simple and useful ways to game programmers and artists, to fully unlock the potential of MetaHumans on interactive 3D content creation.
In this role you will
- Collaborate with internal and external game teams to understand their needs and solve their problems related to customizable digital humans.
- Turn prototypes or offline processes into efficient features that can be used at runtime.
- Build and support APIs and tools to be used by game development teams.
- Test and optimize runtime features across a wide range of platforms.
What we're looking for
- C++ coding skills, including system architecture and API design
- Experience dealing with characters in games, including rendering and animation
- Ability to collaborate with and support internal and external users
- Understanding of profiling and optimization for performance and memory
- Someone who is user-focused, passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do.
Nice to have skills
- Experience of Unreal Engine development
- Experience with in-game character creators
Epic Job + Epic Benefits = Epic Life
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay for 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. We offer coverage for Medical, Dental, Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, AD&D and Life Insurance, 401k.
All Epic employees enjoy drinks, snacks, and lunches every day, free of charge - and we offer plenty of annual celebrations for employees and family members to show the love we have for our people. Additionally, each year, we celebrate the Epic family with company-wide paid breaks, generous paid time off, and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical - we think our people are pretty awesome!
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverseteams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policyhere.