Epic Games Pittsburgh, PA
About the Job
Epic Games is searching for an experienced hands-on research scientist for our office in Pittsburgh. The ideal candidate will bring a passion for digital humans and experience with machine learning and animation tech.
- Research and implement novel methods for modeling, animating and capturing Digital Virtual Humans
- Develop and apply the latest ML algorithms to learn appearance, geometry, and parametric representations from high-quality training data
- Contribute new technology to the next generation of real-time graphics, media, and interactive entertainment
- Interact with the scientific community, publish at top tier locations, contribute domain knowledge and advice in support of R&D efforts
- PhD in computer vision, computer graphics, speech, machine learning/AI, or closely related field
- Demonstrated publication history in highly ranked conferences and/or journals
- Strong implementation and programming skills
- Experience using and extending ML tools, e.g. PyTorch, TensorFlow
- In-depth knowledge in one or more of the following areas: real-time graphics, animation, simulation, performance-capture, 3D reconstruction, material/reflectance modeling, neural rendering
- Previous experience with face/body data-capture and processing a plus
Epic Games deeply values diverseteams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policyhere.