About the Job
Psyonix is a video game developer best known for Rocket League, the award-winning game that combines soccer, driving, and highly competitive and addictive gameplay. As part of the Epic Games family, we are an industry-leading game studio rooted in a crunch-free philosophy that emphasizes an amazing employee experience, located in the heart of San Diego.
We are seeking an Outsourcing Producer to manage our external development pipeline for Rocket League and future projects. This opportunity is ideal for someone who has worked in production management, enjoys working with different groups of people, and can thrive in a fast paced work environment. Our production culture is one of facilitation, organizing, and creating clarity in a rapid and agile development environment. Our ideal candidate must be self motivated, collaborative, and able to manage relationships.
In this role you will
- Support outsourcing requests from all Psyonix departments (tech, art, production, publishing, etc) by gathering requirements and finding suitable partners
- Organize a contact list of current and potential partners
- As an external facing representative of Epic/Psyonix we expect you conduct yourself in an exemplary manner at all times as well as represent our values
- Represent the needs of our studio as well as the needs our partners
- Negotiate business terms, create contract requests and oversee execution with the legal team
- Create and maintain long/short term staffing plans and schedules
- Record meeting notes when needed and translate them into coherent list of action items
- Support partners getting setup in our development environments
- Track progress and audit deliveries and invoices
- Serve as an escalation point for any issues that may arise and help mediate or propose solutions to get teams back on track
- Own the production pipeline and communication tools/configurations between Psyonix and partners (Jira, Shotgun, Slack, Google, etc)
- Provide ongoing risk assessments with respect to weaknesses, bottlenecks, and risks to schedule and quality
- Be willing to help out fellow producers / developers with miscellaneous needs that may come up
What we're looking for
- 5+ years of production experience
- 2+ years working directly with external development and or outsourcing
- Prior experience in video game development - ideally shipping at least one title
- Self starter able to drive projects to completion
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Must be detail oriented and display strong problem solving skills
- Strong communication skills
- Strong multitasking skills
- Positive attitude and passion for making games
Nice to have skills
- Familiar with Rocket League
- Worked on a live game
- Managed external development on multiple continents
Epic Job + Epic Benefits = Epic Life
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay for 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. We offer coverage for Medical, Dental, Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, AD&D and Life Insurance, 401k.
All Epic employees enjoy drinks, snacks, and lunches every day, free of charge - and we offer plenty of annual celebrations for employees and family members to show the love we have for our people. Additionally, each year, we celebrate the Epic family with company-wide paid breaks, generous paid time off, and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical - we think our people are pretty awesome!
Epic Games deeply values diverseteams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policyhere.