About the Job
What makes us Epic?
At the core of Epic's success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it's building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we're always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We're constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
Engineering at Epic
What we do
Unreal-powered projects have been on the bleeding edge of real-time entertainment for over 20 years. Our team of engineering experts are always innovating to improve the tools and technology that empower content developers worldwide.
What you'll do
We are looking for an Engineer with a strong passion for Networking to implement and develop networking features in Unreal Engine 4. You will work closely with members of our game and engine teams, building the world's premier game engine technology.
In this role, you will
- Maintain and enhance the core networking and replay features of Unreal Engine 4 across all supported platforms
- Develop new networking features
- Work with game teams to support their multiplayer gameplay needs
- Provide support to users and licensees for networking-related issues
What we're looking for
- Strong C++ knowledge
- Deep experience with network and multiplayer programming on multiple shipped titles
- Knowledge of computer networking, such as the socket API, TCP and UDP a plus
- Experience working with optimization and multithreaded systems
- Experience having successfully implemented multiplayer gameplay features in a client-server model
Epic Job + Epic Benefits = Epic Life
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay for 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. We offer coverage for Medical, Dental, Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, AD&D and Life Insurance, 401k.
All Epic employees enjoy drinks, snacks, and lunches every day, free of charge - and we offer plenty of annual celebrations for employees and family members to show the love we have for our people. Additionally, each year, we celebrate the Epic family with company-wide paid breaks, generous paid time off, and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical - we think our people are pretty awesome!
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverseteams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policyhere.